Welcome to the start of another school year.
Here at Hubbard, we are proud to be a part of the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. In addition to meeting all guidelines of the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010, we pride ourselves on creating menus for your children that are appealing, delicious and nutritious!
New Lunchroom Procedures
We are eliminating the negative $20 charge limit that we have had in place over the past several years. Starting on September 5th, 2017 all student and staff charge limits will be set to $0.00. This means that if students do not have money in their lunch accounts cashiers will not be able to “charge” a lunch to the student like in the past. If necessary the Food Service Director can allow a student to charge a regular Type-A meal. This action will place the parent/guardian on an all-call list to remind them that their student needs money for lunch. After two lunches are charged the student will be placed on an alternative lunch of a sandwich and drink to be charged to the student’s account.
Managing Your Child’s Account
There are several ways to place monies on your child’s account, have your child bring in cash or a check, deposit monies through the MySchoolBucks.com website or Mobil App or mail me a check. To use the MySchoolBucks.com website or Mobil App visit their site and create a secured account to manage your child’s lunch account. While you don’t have to utilize the website to place monies on your child’s account, you can use it to view their account balance, view purchases and set up email or text message reminders to notify you when your child’s balance gets low. It is important to keep your child’s lunch account fully funded at all times.
Free & Reduced Lunch and Breakfast Program
I encourage all families who think they might qualify to apply for the Free & Reduced Lunch and Breakfast program. Only one application per household is needed. Even if you don’t qualify right now you can reapply at any time if your income or circumstances should change. If you qualified last year you will start the school year on that status but you must apply again this year. If we don’t receive an application by Sept. 30th you will revert to a denied status and you will be responsible for paying full price for your child’s meals.
HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
2017-2018 Lunch Account Information
- Students are assigned an individual lunch account based on their student ID number.
- Accounts are confidential which allows for privacy for free and reduced lunch priced recipients.
- Lunch prices for the Middle and High School are $2.60 and $2.30 for the Elementary School. Extra Milk is $.50. Breakfast price is $1.50 at all schools. Prices are subject to change at any time.
- Pre-payment may be sent in the form of cash or check made payable to Hubbard Food Service. Students can also bring money directly to the cashiers during lunch. Funds on your child’s account may be used for lunches as well as milk and extra food items unless restricted by the parent.
- Please utilize the mySchoolBucks.com website to view account balances, set up low balance texts or email reminders, make a payment and view account purchase activity. Students can also receive account balances from any cashier. Just follow the link below to sign up. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to know how much money is in their child’s account.
The link is also available on the school webpage www.hubbard.k12.oh.us
- Starting on September 5th, 2017 all student charge limits will be set to $0.00. This means if students do not have money in their lunch accounts cashiers will not be able to “charge” a lunch to the student like in the past.
- If necessary the Food service Director can allow a student to charge a regular Type-A meal. This will place the parent/guardian on an all-call list to remind them that their student needs money for lunch. After two Type-A lunches are charged the student will be placed on an alternative lunch of a sandwich and drink to be charged to the students account.
- If you wish to restrict your child’s meal plan account, simply complete the Lunch Restriction Form and return it to your child’s Home Room teacher, cafeteria staff member or mail to the address on the back.
- ALL balances positive and negative will be carried over to the following school year.
- Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch at the end of the school year will be given a temporary free or reduced lunch status until your new application has been approved. Parents must apply every year and will receive an approval or denial letter no later than Sept. 30th. If you do not receive a letter please contact me ASAP to fill out another Free & Reduced Lunch Application.
- Lunch and Breakfast menus can be found on the school webpage and are subject to change based on availability or school closings.
- All Lunch and Breakfast meals are compliant with the new USDA nutrition guidelines.
MySchoolBucks.com is your online portal to see information and pay your students school lunch fees. Adding funds to your students account is easy: Please be advised that monies deposited through the mySchoolBucks website may take several hours before they are deposited on your students account. Click HERE for instructions for first time users.
Mr. Sam Mantas
250 Hall Avenue Hubbard, OH 44425
Phone: 330-534-1921 x1013