The high school will begin the scheduling process for 2018-2019 in February 2018. Recognizing that course selection is extremely important, we encourage each student and his/her parent to carefully review the scheduling information and take the time to make the necessary course selections. When selecting courses, students/parents should consider: course rigor; courses needed for college entrance; NCAA requirements; athletic eligibility; diploma with honors; valedictorian/salutatorian requirements, etc. The Academic Handbook describes each of these areas in detail and should be referenced when selecting courses for next year.
The Academic Handbook for the 2018-2019 school year will be given to all students currently in grades 8 - 11. The booklet contains important information that will help when selecting courses. It also includes a description of all courses offered at Hubbard High School.
The high school will have an informational 8th grade parent scheduling meeting on February 14, 2018 at 7:00 pm in the HS auditorium. All parents of current eighth graders are encouraged to attend.
Guidance counselors will meet with students to distribute scheduling information and discuss course selections.
- Important things to remember:
1. All students must carry a minimum of 5.25 credits for the year and five classes
2. We recommend student athletes carry a minimum of 6 classes per semester
3. Phys Ed classes do not count toward eligibility, however they do count
towards the "F" rule
4. At no time may a student drop a class for a study hall
5. Students may not drop an Honors/Advanced Placement/College Credit Plus
course without a penalty of a Withdrawal Failing (WF). Reimbursement
of tuition/books for dropped CCP course will be required
6. Students enrolled in AP courses will be required to take the AP Exam
in May with a cost of approximately $94.00