HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD SUMMARY JANUARY 11, 2023
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of December 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
December 12, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Greenwood Hubbard Chevrolet $8,750 to the Athletic Department
& Chevy All Stars $5,500 to General Fund
$ 750 to HS Principal’s Fund
Anonymous $460.83 to the Food Service Dept.
4. Approved Resolution #23-07: Accepting the amount and rates determined by the Budget
Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor for
Fiscal Year 2022-2023, as submitted.
5. Removed the following from inventory:
Scantron machine Tag #4990/01670 MS Media Center - Obsolete
6. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
7. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
8. Adopted Ohio Schools Council Governance Policy Change Resolution #23-08, as submitted.
9. Amended the following Administrator employment contracts to include as a fringe benefit the
attendance incentive included in the Hubbard Education Association collective bargaining
agreement, retroactive to July 1, 2021:
Building & Grounds Supervisor
Assistant to Treasurer
10. Approved the following contract modification for Katie Duchek, HMS teacher, from BA Step 3 to a
Master’s +30 Step 3, as per HEA negotiated agreement. (To be corrected on February agenda to
BA +15 Step 3 to Master's Step 3.)
11. Approved the following contract modification for Anne Zagorec, HHS teacher, from BA Step 1 to a
BA +15 Step 1, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
12. Approved, a $650.00 stipend for Heather White, to facilitate the winter district wide book study, to
be paid from Title II A funds upon completion.
13. Amended the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 HS Academic Coursebook, to include “media arts” in
the Fine and Performing Arts Seal.
14. Approve a Calendar Adjustment to change the May 1, 2023 District Wide Waiver Day to May 8,
15. Approved a 1 year, 189 day limited contract (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school
year) for Andrea Hodge, HHS Paraprofessional, Step 0, effective January 17, 2023, as per posting
dated December 12, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
16. Approved Dominique Cupp, for HMS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 6, five hours per week, as per
the posting dated December 27, 2022.
17. Approved the following as Volunteer Advisors for HMS eSports Teams, effective for the 2022-
2023 school year. All volunteer advisors are subject to all required certifications.
18. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of the following coach, effective January 9, 2023.
2022-2023 - Youth Boys Basketball
Anna Martin – 3rd Grade Volunteer Coach
19. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Indoor Track and Field
Rod Greenamyer - Volunteer
Don Gosney - Volunteer
Jim Phibbs - Volunteer
James Chaney - Volunteer
Ross Stoffer – Volunteer
Robert Thompson - Girls HS Basketball Volunteer
Tim Schiraldi - Volunteer Baseball Coach
Ian Wukelich - Volunteer Baseball Coach
Zac Hanley - Volunteer HS and MS Track
20. Approved the following 2022-2023 Winter Sports Workers:
Winter Sports Workers
Keegan Balla - HS and MS Basketball and Wrestling Scoreboard
David Williams - HS and MS Basketball Scoreboard
Brian Luther - HS Basketball Announcer
Dennis Parise - HS Basketball Clock Operator
Candace Ackworth - HS Basketball Stat Board
Fred Shaffer - JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Scorekeeper
John Chovan - JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Scorekeeper
Ben Wilcox - Girls Basketball Video
Kaitlyn Thompson - Girls Basketball Video
Stacey Fabrizio - Boys Basketball Video
Kevin Hogue - OHSAA Tournament Game Manager
Brian Appel - OHSAA Tournament Game Athletic Trainer
Raymond W. Soloman