HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
JANUARY 24, 2022
1. The Board of Education takes into consideration the Ohio Department of Education K-12 Social
Emotional Learning Standards, and will use those standards only as a guide to its own local
implementation and, instead, will work to further refine and develop the District’s existing measures
to support our students and families, informed by the values and needs of our community.
2. Approved the financial reports for the month of December 2021.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary, Bank Reconciliation
3. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
December 22, 2021 Regular Meeting
4. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Carol Goan $200 to the Hubbard Community Pool
Steel Valley Triathlon Club $150 to the Hubbard Community Pool
Anonymous $100 to the Hubbard Elementary Music
Dept. to purchase recorders for students
5. Approved Resolution #22-13: Accepting the amount and rates determined by the Budget
Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor for
Fiscal Year 2021-2022, as submitted.
6. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
7. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved 1 year, 189 day limited contract, (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school
year), Kristen Democko, HMS Paraprofessional, 6.5 hrs. per day, Step 0, effective January 24,
2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
9. Approved a 1 year, 189 day limited contract (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school
year) for Nadia Davis, Bus Driver, 4 hours per day, Step 0, effective January 7, 2022, as per
OAPSE negotiated agreement.
10. Approved Karen Cassano, 90-day Math Support/Intervention tutor, effective January 25, 2022, to
be paid from Expanding Opportunities funds.
11. Approved Shannon Horner, to be the elementary daily substitute as needed, for the remainder of the
2021 - 2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
12. Approved Maria Orr, RN to assist with healthcare “as needed” at $90.00 per day, for the remainder
of the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
13. Approved Constance Marx, RN to assist with healthcare “as needed” at $90.00 per day, for the
remainder of the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
14. Approved the following coaches for the 2021-2022 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All
coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Matt Skarbinski Varsity Assistant
Lauren Maughn Varsity Assistant
15. Approved Rosilyn Ragozine, Silver Sneakers Instructor, as a Contracted Vendor for the Hubbard
Community Pool, effective 1/7/22, at $15/hr.
16. Approved a change in start date from January 10, 2022 to January 31, 2022 for Ryan Shamblin,
Cook, 4 hours per day, Step 0, per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
17. Approved the 2022-2023 membership between HEVSD and OHSAA.
Raymond W. Soloman