BOARD SUMMARY OCTOBER 19, 2021 HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved Resolution #22-08 to continue authorized safety measures to mitigate against the continued spread of Covid-19; effective October 20, 2021.
2. Cancelled Resolution # 22-09 to suspend mask requirement(s); effective October 20, 2021.
3. Approved the financial reports for the month of September 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
4. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
September 29th, 2021 Regular Meeting
5. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Greenwood’s Hubbard Chevrolet $8,600 to purchase a Chromebook Cart
$1,400 to Hubbard Athletics
$10,000 Total Donation
Hubbard Middle Teacher Parent Org. $2,037.19 to the MS Principal’s Fund
Marconi Youth Charities $500 to the school lunch program
Lori Dickson $100 to Kraken Swimming - new diving blocks
6. Approved the following 2021/2022 Student Activity Budgets:
2021/2022 ACTIVITY BUDGETS
HMS Principal Fund $5,434.16
Mock Trial $1,107.41
Pep Club $3,049.92
HMS Robotics $3,375.00
7. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved Debbie Ridel, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 6, 2021.
10. Approved Debbie Ridel, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 7, 2021.
11. Approved an agreement for emergency medical services between the Eagle Joint Fire District and HEVSD, as submitted.
12. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Dawn Sherry, teacher, for the purpose of retirement, effective June 1, 2022, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
13. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Terri Lopuchovsky, teacher, for the purpose of retirement, effective June 1, 2022, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
14. Approved a one year limited contract to Todd Coonce, Crossing Guard, 2.5 hrs., Step 0, effective 10/11/2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
15. Approved an unpaid Leave of Absence for Leah Orlowski, Speech-Language Pathologist, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
16. Approved an unpaid Leave of Absence for Melissa Yartz, bus driver, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
17. Approved the following coaches for the 2021-2022 season:
*All coaches are subject to required certifications.
2021 Youth Basketball Coaches and Coordinators
Jeff Songer- 6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Ron Taylor-6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Pat Manzo- 6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Deanna Slifka-5th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Tiffany Mediate- 5th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Melissa Caesar- 3 and 4th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Anthony Alexander- 3 and 4th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Shannon Slovesko- 5th and 6th Grade Girls Basketball Coordinator (Contract)
Brian Zuzik- 4th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer Matt Murphy- 4th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer Brian Wright-6th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer Melissa Lehman- HS and MS Co-Ed Wrestling Volunteer Matthew Chavez- MS Co-Ed Wrestling Volunteer Annie Zagorec- HS Softball Assistant Coach Carlene Phillips-7th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
18. Approved the second reading and adoption of the following board policies:
po 0169.1 Public Participation at Board Meetings
po1530 Evaluation of Principals and Other Administrators
po2271 College Credit Plus Program
2413 Policy 2413 was reviewed on August 25, 2021 with no changes made. The review date is reflected in the submitted policy.
2431 Interscholastic Athletics
3223 School Counselor Evaluation
po5111 Eligibility of Resident/Nonresident Students
po5111.02 Educational Opportunity for Military Children
po5350 Student Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
po5464 Early High School Graduation
po5516 Student Hazing
po5630.01 Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports and Limited Use of Restraint and Seclusion
po7300 Real Property/Personal Property
po7450 Property Inventory
po8330 Student Records
po8462 Student Abuse and Neglect
po8651 Non-routine Use of School Buses
po9270 Equivalent Education Outside the Schools & Participation in Extra-Curricular for Students Not Enrolled in the District
19. Approved the following bus route changes effective 9/20/2021:
TCTC route from 5.75 to 6.0
Route 13 from 4.0 to 4.25
Route 26 from 4.0 to 4.25
Route 11 from 4.0 to 4.25
Route 9 from 3.75 to 4.0
Route 12 from 3.75 to 4.0
Route 14 from 4.0 to 4.25
20. Approved the following contract modifications for the transportation department:
Susan Lingenfelter 5.75 to 6.0 Effective 9/20/21
Cheryl Witt 5.5 to 5.75 Effective 9/20/21
Alexis Chmelik 4.0 to 4.25 Effective 9/20/21
Rebecca Tritt 4.0 to 4.25 Effective 9/20/21
Sharon Peachock 3.75 to 4.0 Effective 9/20/21
Charles Polish 3.75 to 4.0 Effective 9/20/21
Diana Thomas 4.0 to 4.25 Effective 9/20/21
Lawrence 4.0 to 4.25 Effective 10/6/21
Wendy O'Rourke 2.5 to 3.75 Effective 9/20/21
Raymond W. Soloman