October 21, 2019
Hubbard Exempted Village School District
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of September 2019:
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
September 16, 2019 Regular Meeting
3. Approved the addition of the following to inventory:
2020 Stealth Trailer $6,393.50 52LBE162XLE077694
4. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Hubbard Band Boosters 2020 Stealth Trailer to HHS Band ($6,393.50 value)
HESPA $1,938.00 to Hubbard Elementary for field trips
Anonymous $500.00 Walmart Gift Card to Hubbard Elementary
Raks Nearly New $500.00 to the Hubbard Community Pool
Class of 1968 $500.00 to the Food Service Department
Marconi Youth Charities $300.00 to the Food Service Department
Anonymous $100.00 to the Food Service Department
Anonymous $500 - ES Guidance Programs
Anonymous $500 - MS Friends of Rachel/HERO Club
Anonymous $500 - HS Link Crew
5. Approved combining the Thespians (200/9931) and Spring Musical (200/9915) accounts into one Drama Club account effective for the 2019/2020 school year.
6. Approved Resolution #20-10, resolution declaring it necessary to levy a tax in excess of the
ten-mill limitation, as submitted and attached.
7. Approved Resolution #20-11 expressing an intent to award a contract and authorizing the President and Treasurer to enter into said contract related to replacement of the boiler system at the Hubbard Community Natatorium, as submitted.
8. Approved the following 2019/2020 Student Activity Budgets:
Class of 2021 (Junior Class) $12,238.20
Class of 2022 (Sophomore Class) $969.00
9. Approved the TCESC 2019-2020 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
10. Approved the 2019-2020 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted.
11. Approved the following for the 2019-2020 HEVSD Classified Sub List: Cynthia Nicholson, Crossing Guard & Food Service, effective 10/16/19
12. Approved approval for the appointment of Kevin H. Boyd to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees with the term beginning November 1, 2019 and ending March 31, 2021.
13. Approved Amy Martin, HES Test Prep/Reading Intervention Tutor, as per posting dated September 9, 2019.
14. Approved Debbie Ridel, home instruction tutor, grade 9 student, as per posting dated October 9, 2019.
15. Approved Barb Toth, home instruction tutor, grade 6 student, as per posting dated September 25, 2019.
16. Approved Debbie Ridel, home instruction tutor, grade 10 student, as per posting dated September 13, 2019.
17. Approved Jeanne Alexander, home instruction tutor, grade 10 student, as per posting dated September 17, 2019.
18. Approved the following club advisors be hired for the 2019/2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Theresa Stipetich Robotics
Julia Finocchi ASL Club
19. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Judith Yorks, ESL/ELL teacher, effective October 9, 2019.
20. Approved Chris Moriarty, EL Tutor for the 2019-2020 school year on an “as needed” basis, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
21. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Susan Rentz, for the purpose of retirement, effective February 1, 2020, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
22. Approved a one year limited contract for LeeAnn Wilson-Lawrence, 3.5 hr. bus driver, Step 0, effective 9/25/19, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
23. Approved a one year limited contract for Cynthia Nicholson, 2.5 hr. bus driver, Step 0, effective 9/30/19, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
24. Adjusted Item X. R. of the 9/16/19 agenda, only the first name of Heather Wukelich, Volunteer Softball Coach, to read Emma Wukelich.
25. Rescinded the contract of Kristin Robinson, Softball Varsity Asst., effective immediately.
26. Approved Emma Wukelich, Softball Varsity Asst. coach for the 2019-2020 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
27. Approved Alexandria Carter, Freshman Cheerleading Coach, @4 percent, for the 2019-2020 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
28. Approved the following coaches for the 2019-2020 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Matt Murphy Volunteer Varsity Asst.
John Chovan Volunteer Varsity Asst.
Tiffany Mediate Volunteer Varsity Asst.
Keith Davis Boys/Girls Volunteer
Donald Newell Sr. HS/MS Volunteer
29. Approved the first reading of the following board policies, to be adopted at the
November 18, 2019 board meeting:
PO1310 EMPLOYMENT OF THE TREASURER
PO1340 NON-REEMPLOYMENT OF THE TREASURER
PO1615 USE OF TOBACCO BY ADMINISTRATORS
PO2431 INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS
PO3215 USE OF TOBACCO BY PROFESSIONAL STAFF
PO4215 USE OF TOBACCO BY CLASSIFIED STAFF
PO5113.02 SCHOOL CHOICE OPTIONS
PO5230 LATE ARRIVAL AND EARLY DISMISSAL
PO 5350 STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE PREVENTION
PO5560 GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
PO5512 USE OF TOBACCO
PO7300 DISPOSITION OF REAL PROPERTY/PERSONAL PROPERTY
PO7434 USE OF TOBACCO ON SCHOOL PREMISES
PO7440.03 SMALL UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
PO8403 SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
PO8462 ABUSE AND NEGLECT
PO8500 FOOD SERVICES
30. Approved Resolution #20-12: To approve the firm of Gingo & Bair Law, LLC to serve as legal counsel to the Board of Education of the Hubbard Exempted Village School District and hereby authorize the Superintendent, Treasurer and Board President to engage the services of said firm on an as needed basis.
Raymond W. Soloman