NOVEMBER 18, 2019
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of October 2019.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
October 21, 2019 Regular Meeting
3. Approved the removal of the following items from inventory to be scrapped:
Tag #5297 37 inch LG Plasma TV – scrap/no longer working
4. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
HESPA $1,500 to the Elementary Principal’s Fund
Gasser Chair 6 HES Conference room chairs valued at approximately $1,500
Rachel Tricomi $500 to the High School Art Fee account
HMTPO $150 to the High School Principal’s Fund for Vaping Assembly
Anonymous $105 to the Elementary Music Department
Jennifer Gasser $50 to Future Educators/Linda Slater Award
Advantage Video Production & Marketing $100 to the Athletic Department
To the Food Service Department in memory of Scott Trigg:
Truck World, Inc - $100
Patricia Murphy - $30
Kathy & Andrew Lellio - $100
Thomas & Karen Jones - $25
Dorothy Wine - $25
5. Approved Resolution #20-13, determining to proceed with submission of a renewal tax levy, as submitted and attached.
6. Approved the 2019-2020 Five-Year Projection of Revenues, Expenditures and Assumptions in accordance with Rule 3301-92-04 under Chapter 119 of ORC Section 5705.391, in the format as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Auditor of State.
7. Approved the following 2019/2020 Student Activity Budget:
Children’s Christmas $1,690.11
8. Approved the TCESC 2019-2020 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved the 2019-2020 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted.
10. Approved Laura Yoder, HES Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 24, 2019.
11. Approved Amy Gasser, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 30, 2019.
12. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated November 8, 2019.
13. Approved Shannon Street (up to 1.0 hr. weekly) & Debbie Ridel (up to 4.0 hrs. weekly) co-HHS Home Instruction Tutors, as per posting dated November 7, 2019.
14. Approved Cindy McCoy, HMS Homework Help teacher, algebra only, as per posting dated November 11, 2019.
15. Approved Laurie Jones, Spring Musical Accompanist for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
16. Approved Mary Ann Smiley, to facilitate the winter district-wide book study, to be paid from Title IIA funds.
17. Approved Christiana Donatelli, lifeguard at the Hubbard Community Pool, @ $9.40/hr., effective November 9, 2019.
18. Approved Brianna Grande, Kraken Dryland Coach (personal trainer) at the Hubbard Community Pool, @ $20.00/hr. effective November 18, 2019.
19. Approved Adam Yoder, lifeguard at the Hubbard Community Pool, @ $9.40/hr. effective November 18, 2019.
20. Approved Anne Velez, HES long-term art teacher substitute, beginning approximately 12/2/19, as per posting dated September 13, 2019, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
21. Approved a contract modification for Cynthia Nicholson, bus driver, from 2.5 hrs. to 4.0 hrs. effective October 28, 2019, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
22. Approved a contract modification for Diana Rowlands, bus driver, from 3.75 hrs. Step 4, to 4.0 hrs. Step 4, effective 11/1/2019, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
23. Approved the following be paid for working Fall Sports:
Brian Adamson-$150.00 Chains
Todd Coonce Sr.-$390.00-Chains
Daniella Hosack-$220.00- Volleyball Scoreboard
Kenny Miller- $1400.00-Scoreboard-Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Volleyball, Football
Anthony Romo-$170.00 - Volleyball Scoreboard
Brian Wright- $150.00-Chains
Jeff Wright-$400.00 Football Stats
Dan Jones-$650.00 Filming Football
24. Approved the following Volunteer coaches for the 2019- 2020 season: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Chris Balla HMS Volunteer
Matthew Chavez Varsity Volunteer
James Chaney Varsity Volunteer
Cara Bornemiss K-3 Volunteer
Anthony Alexander Grades 5.6
25. Non-renewed the following coaches at the end of the 2019-2020 season:
John W Schiraldi
26. Approved the second reading and adoption of the following board policies:
PO1310 EMPLOYMENT OF THE TREASURER
PO1340 NON-REEMPLOYMENT OF THE TREASURER
PO1615 USE OF TOBACCO BY ADMINISTRATORS
PO2431 INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS
PO3215 USE OF TOBACCO BY PROFESSIONAL STAFF
PO4215 USE OF TOBACCO BY CLASSIFIED STAFF
PO5113.02 SCHOOL CHOICE OPTIONS
PO5230 LATE ARRIVAL AND EARLY DISMISSAL
PO 5350 STUDENT MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE PREVENTION
PO5560 GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
PO5512 USE OF TOBACCO
PO7300 DISPOSITION OF REAL PROPERTY/PERSONAL PROPERTY
PO7434 USE OF TOBACCO ON SCHOOL PREMISES
PO7440.03 SMALL UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
PO8403 SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
PO8462 ABUSE AND NEGLECT
PO8500 FOOD SERVICES
27. Approved agreements with teachers regarding step placement on salary schedule as previously presented to and reviewed by the Board of Education.
Raymond W. Soloman