BOARD SUMMARY NOVEMBER 22, 2021 HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved Resolution #22-10: Resolution to Suspend mask requirement(s) K-12; Parent option effective November 29, 2021, as submitted.
2. Approved the financial reports for the month of October 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
3. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
October 12th, 2021 Special Meeting
October 19th, 2021 Regular Meeting
4. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Extending Grace $400 Pool Sponsorship
Anonymous $70 to Hubbard Athletics
Operation Keepsake $500 to HMS Principal’s Fund
5. Removed the following school bus from inventory to be scrapped:
Bus #26 2005 Thomas & Co. Inventory Tag #03250 VIN# 4UZAAXCS55CU42359
6. Approved the 2021-2022 Five-Year Projection of Revenues, Expenditures and Assumptions in accordance with Rule 3301-92-04 under Chapter 119 of ORC Section 5705.391, in the format as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Auditor of State, as submitted.
7. Adopted Resolution #22-11 declaring it necessary to levy a renewal tax in excess of the ten-mill limitation, as submitted and attached.
8. Approved the following 2021/2022 Student Activity Budgets:
Art Club $2,856.23
HHS Yearbook $26,373.33
9. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
10. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
11. Approved the first reading of the following board policies,to have a second reading and adoption at the December 2021 meeting:
12. Reviewed and re-adopt (no revisions made) the following board policies:
po 2111 Parent and Family Engagement
po2261.02 Parent and Family Member Participation in Title 1 Programs
13. Approved the following for the Hubbard Community Pool:
Isabella Summers – Swim Instructor, $10/hr., effective 11/1/2021
Lily Boylen - Lifeguard, $9.55/hr., effective 11/8/2021
14. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Lori Hivner, Cook, effective 11/17/2021.
15. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Carol Swartz, Custodian, for the purpose of retirement, effective January 1, 2022.
16. Approved a one year limited contract to Carol Swartz, Bus Driver, 2.5 hrs., Step 0, effective January 3, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
17. Approved a one year limited contract to Bonnie Artman, Cleaner, Step 0, effective October 25, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
18. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Danielle Brannan, Cleaner, effective October 25, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
19. Approved a continuing contract to Danielle Brannan, Custodian Step 8, effective October 25, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
20. Approved the following 90-day tutors:
Amy Martin, 90-day Test Prep/Reading Intervention tutor, effective November 1, 2021, to be paid from Title I funds.
Geneen Morrison, 90-day Test Prep/Reading Intervention tutor, effective November 1, 2021, to be paid from ESSER funds.
Marilyn Mehit, 90-day Test Prep/Math Intervention tutor, effective November 1, 2021, to be paid from ESSER funds.
21. Non-renewed the following coaches:
Cory Reinard- Boys Varsity Soccer Coach
Andrew James- Boys JV Soccer Coach
Josh MacMillan- Girls Varsity Soccer Coach
Harry Reinard- Girls JV Soccer Coach
Amber Mierzwa-Volunteer Assistant Girls Soccer Coach.
David Cooper-Boys Head Golf Coach
Don Fusselman-Boys Volunteer Golf Coach
Chris Trobek- Girls Head Golf Coach
Tom Parteleno- Girls Volunteer Golf Coach
Ron Slipkasky-Volleyball Head Varsity Coach
Greg Powell-Volleyball Varsity Assistant/ JV Coach
Emma Dellinger-Volleyball Freshman Head Coach
Ruthie Sandberg-Volleyball Volunteer Coach (7-12)
Tiffany Ditman -Volleyball Volunteer Coach (7-12)
Chris Fahndrich- 7th Grade Volleyball Coach
Anne Zagorec- 8th Grade Volleyball Coach
Brian Hoffman-Varsity Head Football Coach
Tim Schiraldi- Varsity Football Assistant Coach (Half-Contract) and Equipment Manager
James Chaney- Varsity Football Assistant Coach
John Schiraldi-Varsity Football Assistant Coach
Dennis Parise- Varsity Football Assistant Coach
Tim Taafe- Varsity Football Assistant Coach
Ron Fox- Varsity Football Assistant Coach (Half-Contract)
Brad Powell-Varsity Football Assistant Coach
Rick Bowser- Varsity Football Volunteer Coach
Cameron Resatar- Varsity Football Volunteer Coach
Wesley Best- Freshman Football Coach
Reese Best-Freshman Football Coach
George Taylor- Freshman Football Volunteer
Frank O’Brien- MS Football Coach
Jeff Songer-Volunteer MS Football Coach
Jim Hazimihalis-MS Football Coach
Andrew Cimmento- MS Football Coach
Anthony Pantone- Volunteer MS Football Coach
Jacob Cline- Varsity Cross Country Coach
22. Approved payment for the following Fall Sports Workers:
Martin Kanetsky - $100.00- MS Freshman, JV Chain Assignor
Jeff Wright-$400.00-Football Stats
Joe Bednarik- $400.00- Football Video
Robin Roose-$315.00- Football Parking
Debbie Madeline- $315.00- Football Parking
Alexis Chmelik- $315.00- Football Parking
Todd Chuey- $880.00- Soccer Scoreboard
Jim Miller- $240.00- Football Timer
Fred Shaffer-$240.00- Football Spotter
Ken Miller-1500.00- Volleyball (HS and MS), Football Scoreboard
Anthony Romo- $100.00 Volleyball Scoreboard
Ken Merrell-$240.00- Football Chain Gang
Todd Coonce-$180.00-Football Chain Gang
Jim Wynn-$420.00-Football Chain Gang
Bob Ellcessor-$120.00-Football Chain Gang
Chris Balla-$60.00-Football Chain Gang
Wayne Penny- $30.00 Football Chain Gang
Andy Zenko-$240.00 Football Chain Gang
Richard Shepard-$240.00- Football Chain Gang
Brian Adamson-$240.00-Football Chain Gang
Tim Bebech- $200.00- Online Tickets OHSAA Playoffs (2 Boys Soccer, 1 Girls Soccer and 1 Football)
Karen Hinkle-$50.00 Online Tickets OHSAA Playoffs (1 Football)
Yolanda Resatar- $50.00 Online Tickets OHSAA Playoffs (1 Football)
Tony Buccino- $50.00 Football Playoffs Field Pass Gate
Brian Appel-$300.00 Football Playoffs (1 Game), OHSAA Soccer Boys and Girls (3 Games Head Athletic Trainer)
Kevin Hogue ($425.00) OHSAA Soccer Boys and Girls Game Manger (3 Games) and 1 OHSAA Football Playoff Game (Game Manager and Media Coordinator)
23. Approved the following Athletic hires and resignations:
Youth Basketball Volunteers
Cornelius Strozier-3rd Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Adam Reagle-5th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Shari Dobos-5th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Amie DeLuca- K-3 Girls Basketball Volunteer
8th Grade Girls Basketball
Rick Resatar-Resignation on 10/20/2021
Zachary Long- 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
(Anne) Annie Zagorec- Resignation from Assistant Softball Coach
Don Lehman- Resignation as High School Wrestling Assistant Coach
Don Lehman- Middle School Wrestling Coach
Mike Adamson- High School Wrestling Assistant Coach
24. Approved a $650 stipend for Chris Moriarty, to facilitate the winter district-wide book study, to be paid from Title IIA funds upon completion.
25. Approved Debbie Ridel, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 6, 2021.
26. Approved the following Contract Modifications, effective October 18, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Susan Lingenfelter 6.0hrs. to 6.25 hrs.
Cheryl Witt 5.75hrs. to 6.0hrs.
Nicole Durrett 3.75hrs. to 4.0hrs.
27. Approved the following bus route change, effective 10/18/2021:
Route 19 from 3.75hrs. to 4.0hrs.
28. Approved Jason Briell, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated October 7, 2021.
29. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Kathy Montgomery, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, for the purpose of retirement, effective January 1, 2022.
30. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Allison Jordan, HES Office Secretary, effective January 1, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
31. Approved Kathy Montgomery, Data Secretary “as needed” @$15.75 per hour, effective January 1, 2022.
32. Approved Allison Jordan, Executive Assistant to the Superintendent, effective January 1, 2022, as per Step 4 of the Hubbard EVSD Board Office Secretary Salary Schedule.
Raymond W. Soloman