HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
February 16, 2022
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of January 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
January 10, 2022 Organizational Meeting
January 24, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Toshiba $4,000 to the Technology Dept.
Hubbard Elementary Parents Association (HEPA)
$3,000 to HES for Field Trip
Cornerhouse Christian Church $50 to Eagle Essentials
4. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
5. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
6. Adopted Resolution # 22-14: Authorizing the Ohio Schools Council to advertise and
receive bids on behalf of the HEVSD Board as per the specifications submitted for the
cooperative purchase of up to four (4) school bus chassis and bodies.
7. Approved the removal of the following school bus from inventory to be sold for scrap:
Bus #28 2007 Thomas 1T88N4C2971274373 Inventory Tag #3244
8. Approved a service contract with STS Education for the purchase of Desktop Computers through
use of ESSER II funds following the solicitation of sealed bids from an adequate number of qualified
suppliers and selecting the lowest responsible bidder pursuant to Board policy 6325.
9. Adopted Resolution #22-15: Approving the agreement to reorganize the Northeast Ohio
Management Information Network (NEOMIN) as a Regional Council of Governments, as
10. Approved Route change for Bus Route 11, removing Acacia St, Palmetto Dr. SE, Buckeye Dr.,
Dogwood Dr. SE, Maple Leaf Dr. and Juniper Dr. SE students and placing them on Bus Route 28.
Bus Route 11 has too many HS/MS students assigned and riding, Bus Route 28 can safely
accommodate these students.
11. Approved John Dunch, Technology Support, effective February 7, 2022, on an “as needed” basis,
$12.00 per hour, to be paid with ESSER II funds.
12. Approved Richard Wagner, Custodian District Wide, Step 0, effective Tuesday, February 22, 2022,
per posting on January 6, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
13. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor, as per the posting dated February 7, 2022.
14. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor, as per the posting dated January 28, 2022.
15. Approved Tim Taafe, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per the posting dated February 10, 2022.
16. Approved Jason Briell, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per the posting dated February 14, 2022.
17. Approved Jennie Bechtel, HMS Substitute Teacher, Monday-Friday 6.5 hours per day, effective
February 16, 2022 until the end of 2021-2022 school year, as per the posting dated January 20,
18. Approved Lisa Mango, District Wide Substitute Paraprofessional, Monday-Friday 6.5 hours per day,
effective February 16, 2022, until the end of the 2021-2022 school year, as per the posting dated
February 1, 2022.
19. Approved Amber Lissimore, as the Assistant Spring Musical Director for the 2021- 2022 school
year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
20. Approved the following Contract Modifications, effective March 1, 2022, as per OAPSE
Janene Oyler: 7 hours HMS to 7.5 hours HMS
Angela Gregory: 6.5 hours HES to 7 hours HMS
Andrea Johnson: 6.5 hours HES to 6.5 hours HES (different position)
21. Approved the following Transportation contract modification for bus driver, effective January 31,
2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Lora Weymer from 4.0 hours to 4.25 hours
22. Approved the following 2021-2022 Athletic Season Hires:
Tim Schiraldi-Volunteer Coach
Joe Palumbo- Volunteer Coach
Andrew Frank- Volunteer Coach
James Phibbs- Reduction .50 %
Rod Stoffer- Reduction of .50 %
James Chaney- HS/MS Throwing Coach (8.75%)
Joseph Cummings- 7th and 8th Coach
Dan Jones - MS Assistant 7/8 Track (Throwing Coach) (4.00%)
23. Approved the following 2022-2023 Athletic Season Hires:
Brian Hoffman- Head HS Football Coach -
2 year contract 2022-2023 and 2023-2024
Cory Reinard- Head Coach
Kaled Kassem- ½ J.V. Coach
Nader Kassem- ½ J.V Coach
Perry Phiel- Volunteer Coach
Miles Williams- Volunteer Coach
Josh MacMillan- Head Coach
Harry Reinard-J.V. Coach
David Cooper- Head Coach
Donald Fusselman- Volunteer Coach
Chris Trobek- Head Coach
24. Approved an unpaid Leave of Absence for, Sharon Peachock, Bus Driver, the remainder of the
2021-2022 school year, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
25. Approved the Eastern Gateway Community College Memorandum of Understanding for Dual
Credit, for the 2022-2023 school year, as submitted.
26. Approved the Kent State University Memorandum of Understanding for College Credit Plus, for
the 2022-2023 school year, as submitted.
27. Approved Hubbard Public Library for:
The appointment of Deborah Carsone to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees with
the term beginning February 15, 2022 and ending March 31, 2023.
The re-appointment of Laurie Darko to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees with the
term beginning April 1, 2022 and ending March 31, 2029.
28. Approved a correction to the January 24, 2022 board minutes, item J. Name only to be corrected
from Rosilyn Ragozine to Roselyn C. Ragozine.
Raymond W. Soloman