March 28, 2022
HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of February 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
February 15, 2022 Special Meeting
February 16, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Approved Resolution #22-16: to amend the Superintendent and Treasurer
employment contracts to include as an annual fringe benefit the attendance incentive
included in the Hubbard Education Association collective bargaining agreement (Article VII,
Section A, Item 4. a.) effective through July 31, 2022, retroactive to August 1, 2019.
4. Approved Blanket Purchase Orders Resolution #22-17 authorizing the Treasurer to issue blanket
purchase orders (certificates), as submitted.
5. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Hubbard Band Boosters $3,000 to Band toward purchase of a Xylophone
Richard Davies in memory of Michael Davies $2,500 to the Band Program
Hubbard Community Pool Booster Club $2,000 to the Hubbard Pool
Hubbard Rotary Club $200 to the Eagle Essentials Program
6. Approved the following Student Activity Budget:
Ecology/Land Lab $10,853.03
7. Approved Tax Rates Resolution #22-18: Accepting the amount and rates as
determined by the Budget Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and
certifying them to the county Auditor for Fiscal Year 2022-2023, as submitted.
8. Approved GRANT, in the amount of $7,500 from USA Swimming to the Hubbard
Pool Kraken Swimming program.
9. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
10. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
11. Approved Certified Substitute Teacher Rate at $100.00 per day, effective March 7, 2022.
12. Approved a contract between the Hubbard EVSD and Automation Mailing and Shipping Solutions
(AMSS) for Postage Equipment and Services, as submitted.
13. Approved a Memorandum of Understanding between the Hubbard EVSD and Hubbard Education
Association (HEA), as submitted.
14. Approved the PRELIMINARY DRAFT of the 2022-2023 School Calendar, for the final
reading and adoption at the April 25, 2022 board meeting.
15. Approved Michael Kacir to share the Home Instruction Tutor position with Mary Ann Smiley, as per
the posting dated August 25, 2021.
16. Approved, Lindsey Hurdley, First Grade Teacher HES, for the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA
17. Approved Margaret Herberger, K-3 Resource Room Intervention Specialist Teacher HES, for the
2022-2023 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
18. Approved, Charri Barninger, Long Term Substitute for 4th Grade ELA/Social Studies, effective
March 30, 2022, end date to be determined, as per posting dated January 28, 2022.
19. Approved, Amy Martin, Long Term Substitute for 4th Grade ELA/Social Studies, effective April 11,
2022, end date to be determined, as per posting dated January 28, 2022.
20. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of, Dale Alfredo, HES Paraprofessional, 0.50 hour after
school bus support, effective February 17, 2022.
21. Approved, Nicole Rosenberger, Substitute Paraprofessional District Wide, effective Tuesday, March
1, 2022, until the end of the 2021-2022 school year, as per the posting dated February 1, 2022.
22. Approved, Nicole Rosenberger, Substitute Paraprofessional 0.50 hour after school HES, effective
Tuesday, March 1, 2022, until the end of the 2021-2022 school year, as per posting dated
February 9, 2022.
23. Approved, Andrew Coggins, Substitute Bus Driver, effective March 28, 2022.
24. Approved, Kyle Hudson, as the Spring Stage Manager for the spring musical for the 2021-2022
school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
25. Approved a contract modification for Rachel Cline, High School/Middle School Choir Teacher,
from .50 to full time, for the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
26. Approved, Rick Love, Athletic Department Volunteer Game Administrator.
27. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of, Joseph Cummings, HMS Assistant Track Coach, effective
March 22, 2022.
28. Approved the following coaches, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
Matt Murphy - Boys 5th and 6th Grade Basketball Coordinator
Josh MacMillan - HMS Assistant Track Coach
29. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
Michael Kacir – Head Cross Country Coach
Gregory Powell – Head Varsity Volleyball Coach
Kimberly Budd - Assistant Volleyball Coach
Tim Schiraldi-Half Contract Varsity Assistant Football & Equipment Manager
James Chaney - Varsity Assistant Football
John Schiraldi - Varsity Assistant Football
Dennis Parise - Varsity Assistant Football
Tim Taafe - Varsity Assistant Football
Ron Fox - Half Contract Varsity Assistant Football
Brad Powell - Full Contract- Varsity Assistant Football
Rick Bowser - Volunteer HS Football
Cam Resatar - Volunteer HS Football
Jim Hazimihalis - Freshman Football
Jeff Songer - Volunteer Freshman Football
George Taylor - Freshman Football
Wesley Best - 7th and 8th Grade Football
Frank O'Brien - 7th and 8th Grade Football
Andrew Cimmento - 7th and 8th Grade Football
30. Approved the following, 2021-2022 Athletic Non-Renewals.
Alexandria Carr - Varsity Cheerleading
Amanda Schultz - Freshman Cheerleading Coach
Linda Congemi - Middle School Cheerleading Coach (Half of Contract)
Dominique Fortunato - Middle School Cheerleading Coach (Half of Contract)
Scott Slovesko - Girls Varsity Basketball Head Coach
Ryan Caesar - Girls Basketball Varsity Assistant Coach
Matt Murphy - HS Volunteer Girls Basketball Coach
John Chovan - HS Volunteer Girls Basketball Coach
Zachary Long - 8th Grade Girls Basketball Coach
Ashley Foulkes - Girls Basketball 7th Grade Coach
Shannon Slovesko - 7-12 Girls Basketball Volunteer Coach
Cameron Resatar - 7-12 Girls Basketball Volunteer Coach
Youth Basketball Coaches
Shannon Slovesko- 5th and 6th Grade Girls Basketball Coordinator (Contract)
Jeff Songer - 6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Ron Taylor - 6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Pat Manzo - 6th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Deanna Slifka - 5th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Tiffany Mediate - 5th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Melissa Caesar - 3 and 4th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Anthony Alexander - 3 and 4th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Brian Zuzik - 4th Grade Boys Basketball
Matt Murphy - 4th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Brian Wright - 6th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Melissa Lehman - HS and MS Co-Ed Wrestling
Matthew Chavez - MS Co-Ed Wrestling
Carlene Phillips -7th Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
Cornelius Strozier - 3rd Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Adam Reagle - 5th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Shari Dobos - 5th Grade Boys Basketball Volunteer
Amie DeLuca - K-3 Girls Basketball Volunteer
Joe Bornemiss - Head Boys Basketball Coach
Michael Bornemiss - Boys Basketball Varsity Assistant
Adam Connelly - Boys Basketball Volunteer Coach
Derek Kopanic - HS Volunteer Boys Basketball Coach
George Lanterman - 8th Grade Boys Basketball Coach
Ralph Michael Fabrizio - Freshman Basketball Coach
Andrew Frank - HS Boys Basketball Volunteer Coach
Ralph Streb - Varsity HS Co-ed Wrestling Coach
Don Lehman - Middle School Wrestling Coach
Mike Adamson - High School Wrestling Assistant Coach
James Chaney -HS Wrestling Assistant Coach
Brandon Rydarowicz - HS Wrestling Volunteer
Chris Balla - MS Wrestling Volunteer
Derek Matricardi - MS Wrestling Volunteer
Melissa Lehman - HS and MS Co-Ed Wrestling Volunteer
Matthew Chavez - MS Co-Ed Wrestling Volunteer
Kenny Miller - Girls Varsity Bowling Coach
Scott Killian - Boys Varsity Bowling Coach
Corinne Jacobs - Volunteer Boys Bowling Coach
31. Approved the following: 2021-2022 Winter Payments.
Keegan Balla - HS and MS Basketball and Wrestling Scoreboard-$675.00
David Williams - HS and MS Basketball Scoreboard-$470.00
Scott Killian - Basketball Game Administrator 12-23-2022-$75.00
Brian Luther - HS Basketball Announcer-$ 1030.00
Dennis Parise - HS Basketball Clock Operator-$1030.00
Fred Shaffer - JV and Varsity Boys Basketball-Scorekeeper-$1150.00
Shannon Slovesko - JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Scorekeeper -$950.00
Brianna Jukes - Boys MS Basketball Scorekeeper- $510.00
Tori Evans - Girls Basketball HS Video- $120.00
Mark Parich - Girls Basketball Stats HS- $200.00
32. Approved, Substitute Cleaners, effective March 28, 2022.
33. Approved the Youngstown State University Memorandum of Understanding for College Credit
Plus, for the 2022-2023 school year, as submitted.
34. Approved a Calendar Adjustment to add a District Wide Waiver Day on Friday, May 6, 2022.
Raymond W. Soloman