April 25, 2022
HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of March 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
March 28, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Action Physical Therapy $260 to the Hubbard Pool – Summer Sizzler
Cornerhouse Christian Church $50 to the Eagle Essentials Program
4. Approved a $3,000 diving block sponsorship from the Hubbard Athletic Department to the
Hubbard Kraken Swimming Program.
5. Approved a contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Ohio Auditor of State – Local
Government Services Section, as submitted.
6. Approved the following 2021 – 2022 Student Activity Budgets (Revised):
Link Crew $7,629.32
Pep Club $5,375.00
7. Approved the TCESC 2021-2022 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
8. Approved the 2021-2022 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved the second reading and adoption of the 2022-2023 HEVSD School Calendar.
10. Approved a service contract with Clutch Solutions for the purchase of Chromebooks through use of
ARP ESSER funds following the solicitation of sealed bids from an adequate number of qualified
suppliers and selecting the lowest responsible bidder pursuant to Board policy 6325.
11. Approved the second reading and adoption of the following board policies:
12. Approved the first reading of the following board policies, to have a second reading and adoption at
May 2022 Board of Education Meeting.
po1616 Staff Dress and Grooming
po2370.01 Blended Learning
13. Approved the first reading for re-adoption of the following board policy revisions, to have a second
reading and adoption at the May 2022 Board of Education Meeting.
po2271 College Credit Plus Program
po5511 Dress and Grooming
po6110 Grant Funds
po6114 Cost Principles – Spending Federal Funds
po6325 Procurement – Federal Grants/Funds
po6423 Use of Credit Cards
po8500 Food Services
14. Approved the Junior Achievement High School Financial Literacy online textbook, in accordance
with Senate Bill 1.
15. Approved the HHS Senior Class Field Trip to Cedar Point on Friday, May 20, 2022, transport
provided by Anderson Tour Bus Company.
16. Approved Taryn Rothbauer, BA Step 0, HHS English Language Arts Teacher, effective for the
2022-2023 school year, as per the posting dated March 9, 2022, as per HEA negotiated
17. Approved Hayley Rabich, BA Step 0, HHS Art Teacher – Part Time 3 periods per day, effective for
the 2022-2023 school year, as per the posting dated March 9, 2022, as per HEA negotiated
18. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor Grade 10, as per the posting dated March
19. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor Grade 11, as per the posting dated March 28,
20. Approved Heather White, HMS Home Instruction Tutor Grade 6, as per the posting April 21,
21. Approved Megan Schellhorn, to receive 25% of the supplemental contract for the High School
Yearbook Advisor position from Mr. Chris Moriarty.
22. Approved the prospective graduates for the Class of 2022, as submitted.
23. Approved the HMS 8th Grade Class Field Trip to Kennywood on Thursday, May 26, 2022,
transport provided by school district.
24. Approved the Success by Six MOU for the 2022-2023 school year.
25. Approved the following for the HES Success by Six, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Mary Ann Smiley Teacher
Patti Fagundes Teacher
26. Approved the following for the HES Success by Six, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Heidi DePasquale Teacher Assistant
Becky Reuff Teacher Assistant
27. Approved the following Contract Modifications, effective March 1, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated
Angela Gregory: 7 hours HMS to 6.5 hours HES
Andrea Johnson: 6.5 hours HES to 6.5 hours HMS
28. Approved Carol Swartz, Food Service Substitute, as per posting April 8, 2022.
29. Approved the following Food Service Substitutes, as per posting April 8, 2022, pending background
30. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Diane Glodek, HMS 5th and 6th grade Science Teacher,
for purpose of retirement, effective date June 1, 2022.
31. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Laura Stanislaw, Cook, effective date April 18, 2022.
32. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Eileen Pringle, Cook, for purpose of retirement, effective
date June 1, 2022.
33. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Brad Powell, HHS Varsity Assistant Football Coach, for
the 2022-2023 school year.
34. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Wesley Best, 7/8 Grade Football Coach, for the 2022-
2023 school year.
35. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Hunter Meyer 7/8 Grade Football Coach
Wesley Best HMS Volunteer Football Coach
Anne Zagorec 9th Grade Volleyball Coach
36. Approved the following 2021-2022 Athletic Non-Renewals
Matt Murphy 5th and 6th Grade Boys Basketball Coordinator
Raymond W. Soloman