HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
September 21, 2020
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of August 2020.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
August 17th, 2020 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Anonymous 10 Ukuleles valued at $417.90 to HES Music Classes
Marconi Youth Charities $250 to the School Lunch Program
To the Hubbard Community Pool:
Youthology Medspa $1,500 toward new diving blocks
JM Verostko, Inc. $400 Sponsorship Banner
Loving Pet Memorial $300 Sponsorship Banner
Stewart Furniture $300 Sponsorship Banner
Kayla Aldan $100 toward new diving blocks
Pool Committee $42 for two 1-gallon sanitizer sprayers
4. Approved the following Then and Now Certificate for additional Shared Services for the 2019-2020 school year:
Trumbull County Educational Service Center - $36,105.69
5. Approved the following transfers:
From: Title II-A FY20 - $17,146.92
To: Title IV-A FY20 - $17,146.92
From: Title II-A FY20 - $3,373.11
To: Title IV-A FY20 - $3,373.11
*This is part of CCIP Transferability/School Wide Pool
6. Approved the following 2020/2021 Student Activity Budget:
Class of 2022 $12,199.00
7. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the HEVSD 2020-2021 Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved the following revision from the Board Agenda dated 8/17/2020, IX. L., revision of the date only, to read June 1, 2020.
Did read: Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Janice Fye, bus driver, for the purpose of retirement, effective September 1, 2020, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Revised to read: Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Janice Fye, bus driver, for the purpose of retirement, effective June 1, 2020, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
10. Approved a contract modification for Timothy Taafe, from BA Step 5 to MA Step 5, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
11. Approved the following Transportation contract modifications, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Susan Lingenfelter from 4.5 hrs., Step 18, to 5.75 hrs., Step 18, effective August 24, 2020
Robin Roose from 4.0 hrs., Step 18, to 4.5 hrs., Step 18, effective August 31, 2020
Lora Weymer from 3.75 hrs., Step 4 to 4.0 hrs., Step 4, effective August 31, 2020
12. Approved the following bus drivers, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Beth Kennedy, 4.0 hrs., Step 0, effective August 31, 2020
Nicole Durrett, 2.5 hrs., Step 0, effective September 16, 2020
13. Approved an unpaid leave of absence for Amy Hurl, bus driver, effective August 24, 2020,
for the 2020-2021 school year.
14. Approved a $500 stipend for Megan Phiel, to facilitate the fall district-wide book study, to be paid from Title IIA funds upon completion.
15. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Barb Toth, teacher, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
16. Approved Kelsey Forrester, HES long term substitute teacher, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
17. Approved the following Mentor for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Year 2 – 1 Resident Educator
18. Approved William Sarisky, substitute teacher, “as needed” as per HEA negotiated agreement.
19. Approved Shannon Seese, substitute teacher “as needed” as per HEA negotiated agreement.
20. Approved hiring Nicole Silvidi RN to assist with healthcare “as needed” at $90.00 per day.
21. Approved the following advisors for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Mason Glinn, Assistant Speech Coach
Chris Moriarty – Robotics
Mike Brekoski – Robotics
22. Approved Chris Moriarty - ELA, for Homework Help for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
23. Approved the following for the Hubbard Community Pool:
Melissa DeMattio, Aquatic Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer, @$15/hr., beginning 9/7/20
Marissa Davis, Swim School Instructor @$12/hr., beginning 8/27/20
Elizabeth Brand, Lifeguard, @$9.55/hrs., beginning 8/14/20
24. Approved the following coaches for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Varsity Assistant- Ryan Caesar
8th Grade- Rick Resatar
7th Grade- Ashley Foulkes
5th and 6th Grade- Matt Murphy
Girls Basketball Volunteers
HS and MS Basketball- John Chovan
HS Basketball- Tiffany Mediate
HS Basketball- Matt Murphy
MS Basketball- Cameron Resatar
Marcus Coonce - 7th
George Lanterman- 8th
Matthias Tayala - 9th
Michael Bornemiss- JV
Boys Basketball Volunteers
Derek Kopanic - Vol. Asst. Varsity
Javon Dixon - Vol. Asst. Varsity
Mason Rozycki- Vol. Varsity Manager
Modify Varsity Head- Ralph Streb, lower salary by $1,500.00
Assistant- Don Lehman
Wrestling 7th & 8th Grade
Head- Mike Adamson
James Chaney (Paid $1,500.00 from varsity head coach salary)
Wrestling Middle School Volunteers
25. Approved Michael Wilcox, Yearbook and Athletic Dept. Volunteer photographer.
26. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Laura Stanislaw, as Crossing Guard, effective October 5, 2020, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Raymond W. Soloman