HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
April 17, 2023
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of March 2023.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
March 13, 2023 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donation(s):
Stewart Furniture $150 to the Hubbard Community Pool
4. Approved a contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Ohio Auditor of State – Local
Government Services Section, as submitted.
5. Approved the following student activity budgets:
HMS Academic Team $ 1,703.96
Link Crew $10,027.13
STEAM $ 6,930.20
6. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
7. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the 2022-2025 District and Building level One Plans, as reviewed and submitted.
9. Approved a Lease/Purchase Agreement with Toshiba Financial Services, as submitted. Lease terms:
$2,485.81 per month for 60 months, effective July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2028.
10. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Tina Dell, Head Cook, for the purpose of retirement,
effective June 1, 2023.
11. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Brenda Dripps, Head Cook, for the purpose of retirement,
effective June 1, 2023.
12. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Maria Pizanias, HHS Science Teacher, for the purpose of
retirement, effective June 1, 2023.
13. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Colleen Murray, HHS English Teacher, effective at the
end of the 2022-2023 school year.
14. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Kesha Szeljack, HHS French Teacher, effective at the end
of the 2022-2023 school year.
15. Approved the following staff transfers for the 2023-2024 school year:
Robin Vaupel from ELA Grades 5/6 to Health Education Teacher Grades 5-8
16. Approved the prospective graduates for the Class of 2023, as submitted.
17. Approved, HHS Senior Class Field Trip to Cedar Point on Friday, May 19, 2023, transport provided
by Hubbard School buses.
18. Approved the adjustment to the date for the Senior Exams from May 16th & 17th, 2024 to May
15th & 16th, 2024.
19. Approved a one year limited contract to Nathaniel Solak, HHS Teacher, BA Step 0, for the 2023-
2024 school year, as per posting dated March 16, 2023, as per HEA negotiated agreement,
pending Ohio licensure.
20. Approved Becky Ague, for HHS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 9, five hours per week, as per the
posting dated March 21, 2023.
21. Approved Amy Shelby, for HMS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 6, five hours per week, duration of
4th nine weeks, as per the posting dated March 23, 2023.
22. Retroactively approved Becky Ague, for HMS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 7, five hours per
week, up to four weeks, as per the posting dated March 1, 2023.
23. Approved two-year limited contract for Jessica Tressa, HES Paraprofessional, Step 1, 6.5 hours per
day, effective for 2023-2024 school year , as per the posting dated March 14, 2023, as per
OAPSE negotiated agreement.
24. Approved Amy Fedele Russo, HES 90 Day Tutor Position, effective date January 4, 2023, as per
the posting dated September 6, 2022 as per HEA negotiated agreement.
25. Approved the following Spring Sports Workers:
Nick Bowser – Varsity and JV Softball Scoreboard
Kaitlyn Thompson – Varsity and JV Baseball Scoreboard
Dorothy Arvin – HS and MS Track Timer
Karen Cassano – HS and MS Track Timer
Paul Cassano – HS and MS Track Timer
Mallory Greenamyer – HS and MS Track Timer
Jared Southern – HS and MS Track Recorder
Brian Appel – OHSAA Softball and Baseball Athletic Trainer
Nick Scutillo - HS and MS Track Recorder
Nick Pallante - HS and MS Track Recorder
Candace Ackworth - HS and MS Track Recorder
26. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of the following coach, for the 2023-2024 athletic season.
Andrew Cimmento - Seventh/Eighth Football Coach
27. Approved the following coaches for the 2023-2024 Winter Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Patrick Manzo - Head Girls Basketball
Robert Thompson - Varsity Assistant (J.V.) Girls Basketball
Michael Maietta - Eighth Grade Girls Basketball
Tiffany Mediate – Seventh Grade Girls Basketball
Brian Zuzik - Fifth/Sixth Girls Basketball
Ryan Fitch - Head Boys Basketball
Nathaniel Solak - Varsity Assistant (J.V.) Boys Basketball
Andrew Frank - Ninth Grade Boys Basketball
George Lanterman - Eighth Grade Boys Basketball
Marcus Coonce - Seventh Grade Boys Basketball
RickFox-Volunteer Varsity Assistant Boys HS and MS Basketball and
Fifth/Sixth Boys Basketball
Alexandria Carr - Varsity Cheerleading Coach
Dominique Cupp – Freshman Cheer Coach
Dominique Fortunato – Seventh Grade Girls Cheerleading
Linda Congemi – Eighth Grade Girls Cheerleading
Scott Killian - Head Boys Bowling
Kenneth Miller - Head Girls Bowling
Ralph Streb - Head Wrestling
Donald Lehman - ½ Varsity Assistant Wrestling
Michael Adamson - ½ Varsity Assistant Wrestling
Jordan Najdusak - Seventh/Eighth Grade Wrestling
Christopher Balla - HS/MS Volunteer Wrestling
Amber Flynn - HS/MS Volunteer Wrestling
28. Approved a two-year, 260 day limited contract for Aaron Wirtz, Kraken Swimming Head Coach, at
his current salary effective July 1, 2023.
29. Approved, the following Transportation contract modification for bus driver, effective April 3,
2023, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Robin Roose 5.5 hours to 5.75 hours
30. Approved Connie Cassidy, HMS Short Term Substitute Teacher for ELA, effective January 10,
2023 through February 28, 2023, as per posting dated December 14, 2022, as per HEA
31. Approved a correction on the February 15, 2023 board minutes, Item IX Letter J, from one-year
limited contract for Andrea Hodge, HES Paraprofessional to a two- year limited contract for 2023-
2024 school year.
Raymond W. Soloman