HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT Board Summary August 20, 2018
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of July 2018.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
July 25, 2018 Regular Meeting 3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations: Hubbard Baseball Boosters $7,000 to the Baseball Facility Campaign 4. Approved the removal of 82 HP Pro Books from inventory, as submitted, to be sold, as is, to the public on a first come first serve basis.
5. Approved the following 2018-2019 Student Activity Budget: Class of 2020 $10,000.00 6. Approved the TCESC 2018-2019 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the 2018-2019 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
8. Appointed the following delegate and alternate to the 2018 OSBA Annual Business Meeting.: Delegate: Rocky Adams Alternate: Tony Pantone Jr.
9. Approved Resolution #19-06, Resolution of Intent Not to Provide Career-Technical Education in Grades 7 & 8, as submitted.
10. Rescinded the contract of Kadie Silsbe as 7th & 8th grade Cheerleader coach, which was approved on June 27, 2018.
11. Approved the following coaches for the 2018-2019 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications. Volleyball Maleah Schiavone 8th Grade Emily Malmisur 7th Grade
Cheerleader Alexandria Carter Varsity Chelsea Stack Freshman Francesca Humphries 7th & 8th Grade
12. Approved a one year district aide position, as per OAPSE MOU, effective the 2018-2019 school year.
13. Approved Mona Jones for a one year district aide position contract modification, *6.5 hrs. Step 3 to 7.5 hours Step 3, as per OAPSE MOU, effective the 2018-2019 school year.
14. Approved a one year limited contract for Connie Swartz, Paraprofessional, 6.5 hrs. per day/5 days per week, effective the 2018-2019 school year, HHS, Step 0, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
15. Approved the second reading and adoption of the following board policies:
3215 Use of tobacco by Professional Staff 4215 Use of tobacco by Classified Staff 5512 Use of Tobacco 7434 Use of Tobacco on School Premises 7530 Lending of Board-Owned Equipment 7530.02 Technology – Use of Personal Communication Devices 7542 Access to District Technology Resources and/or information resources from personal communication devices 7543 Utilization of the District’s Website
16. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jeff Davis, Transportation Supervisor, effective August 10, 2018.
17. Approved a two year limited contract for William Collins, Transportation Supervisor, 260 days, per the Non certificated Administrators Factoring System.
18. Approved the following advisors for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Carol Killian Spring Musical Director Mary Davis Spring Musical Assistant Director Laurie Jones Spring Musical Accompanist
19. Approved a contract modification for Andrea Murray, from BA+15 Step 6, to MA Step 6, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
20. Approved Resolution #19-07, Complimentary Passes. for the 2018-2019 school year.
21. Approved the following Mentors for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Maria Bayuk Year 3 - 1 Resident Educator Year 4 - 1 Resident Educator
Kelli Komlanc Year 1 - 1 Resident Educator
Nick McGinnis Year 2 - 1 Resident Educator
Laura McCleery Year 2 - 1 Resident Educator Year 4 - 1 Resident Educator
Geneen Morrison Year 3 - 1 Resident Educator Year 4 - 1 Resident Educator
Dan Scarmack Year 1 - 1 Resident Educator 22. Approved Mary Ann Smiley, home instruction tutor for HMS grade 7 student, as per posting dated August 9, 2018.
23. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Caitlin Smith, HES Intervention Specialist, effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
24. Approved a one year limited contract to Diane Earich, HHS Intervention Teacher, BA Step 1, for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
25. Approved a one year limited contract for Jessica Richmond, HES Intervention Teacher, for the 2018-2019 school year, BA+15 Step 0, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
26. Approved a one year limited contract to Adrienne Cooper , HES Intervention Teacher, BA Step 0, for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
27. Approved a one year limited contract to Leah (Yauger) Orlowski , HES Speech/Language Pathologist, MA Step 1, for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
28. Approved the following ticket sellers for the 2018-2019 school year: Irene Learn Cheryl Nuzzo Eileen Pringle Nicole Pringle Tony Buccino Tim Bebech Alanna Bebech Heather Randall Mona Jones Vicky Mattesich Carol Killian Ben Lane Richard Warburton Sharon Peachock Debbie Madeline Julianne Carsone Dorothy Arvin Judy Thompson Tom Kettering
29. Approved resolution # 19-04 authorizing the Ohio Schools Council to advertise and receive bids on behalf of the HEVSD Board as per the specifications submitted for the cooperative purchase of one - 71 passenger conventional school bus chassis and body.
30. Approved resolution # 19-05, approving revisions to the OASBO Section 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, as submitted.
31. Approved July 28, 2019 – August 1, 2019 for Hubbard Band Camp at Theil College.
Raymond W. Soloman Superintendent