HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
July 25, 2018
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of June 2018. Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
June 27, 2018 Regular Meeting 3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations: USA Triathlon of Colorado $1,000 to Kraken Swimming Anonymous $415 to HHS Summer School Fees 4. Approved Resolution #19-02, Tuition Billing Agreement Timothy O’Keefe effective the 2018-2019 school year, as submitted. 5. Approved the following advances for fiscal year 2018 (to be repaid at the end of FY2019): From GF (001) to Secondary Transition (499) $548.00 From GF (001) to IDEA-B FY18 (516) $198.98
6. Approved the following initial grant allocations for fiscal year 2019. Federal Grants Title I $ 339,393.79 Title II-A $ 63,423.08 Title IV-A $ 30,410.43 IDEA Title VI-B $ 364,049.11
7. Approved the following 2018/2019 Student Activity Budgets:
2018/2019 ACTIVITY BUDGETS Art Club $2,945.71 ASL Club $4,346.24 BFF Elementary Group $1,534.88 Children’s Christmas $14,663.91 Cheerleaders $26,596.28 Class of 2019 $5,605.31 Class of 2021 $744.00 Class of 2022 $2,700.00 Ecology Club $13,039.10 FEA $680.11 HERO Club $1,600.91 Hubbard Schools Choir $6,939.32 Mock Trial $1,429.41 NHS-HS $3,179.27 Principal’s Fund-HS $29,760.62 Principal’s Fund-MS $4,285.39 Publications/HUB $5,362.94 Robotics HS $17,281.49 SADD $1,538.97 Spanish Club $13,037.98 Spring Musical $17,338.65 STEM $895.31 Student Council-HS $16,966.91 Student Council-MS $8,685.60 Thespians/Drama $4,901.82 Video Club $2,538.95 Yearbook-HS $29,348.10 Yearbook MS $9,889.72
8. Approved the TCESC 2018-2019 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved the final reading and adoption of the following board policy:
8451 Head Lice
10. Approved the agreement between the Governing Board of the Mahoning Valley Regional Council of Government and HEVSD, as submitted, from July 1, 2018 thru June 30, 2019.
11. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Melissa Johnson, HES Speech/Language Pathologist, at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
12. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Becca Shaffer (Brunetta) HES Intervention Specialist, effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
13. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jessie Szakacs, HHS Intervention Specialist, effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
14. Approved Resolution #19-03, as submitted: Authorizing discussions and execution of an agreement with the City of Hubbard for a School Resource Officer Program.
15. Approved the school lunch prices beginning 2018-2019 as listed: HES $2.50 HMS $2.80 HHS $2.80 Milk: $ .50
16. Approved a contract modification for Cindy Hillier, from MA Step 17 to MA+30 Step 17, effective for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement. 17. Approved Donald Fusselman Volunteer boys Assistant Golf Coach for the 2018-2019 season. All coaches are subject to all required certifications. 18. Approved Andrew James, Boys JV Soccer Coach for the 2018-2019 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications. 19. Approved Mike Kernan, Girls Varsity Asst. Basketball Coach for the 2018-2019 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications. 20. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jessie Szakacs, 8th grade Volleyball Coach, effective at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
21. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Janene Oyler, 7th grade Volleyball Coach, effective immediately.
22. Approved Declan O’Hara, Lifeguard @ $9.15/hr., effective July 3, 2018.
23. Approved the agreement between HEVSD and Suburban School Transportation Company, Inc. (SSTC), for the 2018-2019 school year.
24. Approved a two year limited contract for Wendy Hendrix, EMIS Coordinator/Curriculum Secretary, 260 days per year, effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020, as per Step 4 of the Hubbard EVSD Board Office Secretary Salary Schedule. 25. Approved a one year district aide position, as per OAPSE MOU, effective the 2018-2019 school year.
26. Approved the first reading of the following board policies, to be adopted at the August 20, 2018 board meeting:
3215 Use of tobacco by Professional Staff 4215 Use of tobacco by Classified Staff 5512 Use of Tobacco 7434 Use of Tobacco on School Premises 7530 Lending of Board-Owned Equipment 7530.02 Technology – Use of Personal Communication Devices 7542 Access to District Technology Resources and/or information resources from personal communication devices 7543 Utilization of the District’s Website
Raymond W. Soloman Superintendent