HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD SUMMARY JULY 25, 2022
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of June 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
June 2, 2022 Special Meeting
June 29, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Approved Resolution #23-02: Accepting the amount and rates as determined by the Budget
Commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor, as
4. Approved the following initial grant allocations for fiscal year 2023.
IDEA Title VI-B (516) $ 392,471.51
Title III LEIL (551) $ 2,158.12
Title I (572) $ 418,510.38
Title IV-A (584) $ 27,489.02
Early Childhood Special Education (587) $ 7,799.57
Title II-A (590) $ 66,374.10
One Net Connectivity (451) $ 5,400.00
5. Approved the removal of the following from inventory to be sold for scrap:
Tag #213447 2004 GM Savana Cutaway 1GDJG31U041144467
Tag #006524 Plasma Cutter
6. Approved the addition of the following school buses to inventory:
Tag #7637 2023 Thomas 4UZABRFC6PCUB3903 $96,518
Tag #7635 2005 Thomas 4UZAAXCS45CU42367 $ 2,400
Tag #7636 2007 Thomas 4UZAAXCS57CX26738 $ 2,600
7. Approved Activity Budgets for 2022-2023:
ART CLUB $ 2,791.69
ASL CLUB $ 3,160.70
CLASS OF 2022 (FINAL) $ 2,116.39
CLASS OF 2023 $ 8,124.85
CLASS OF 2025 $ 7,272.00
CLASS OF 2026 $ 1,950.00
DRAMA CLUB-HS $ 31,010.78
DRAMA CLUB-MS $ 9,990.59
ECOLOGY CLUB $ 12,248.78
FEA $ 395.11
FRENCH CLUB $ 8,892.19
HERO CLUB $ 924.62
HUBBARD SCHOOLS CHOIR $ 4,623.24
LEGO ROBOTICS $ 1,250.00
LINK CREW $ 8,027.13
MOCK TRIAL $ 771.41
PEP CLUB $ 8,171.00
HS PRINCIPAL FUND $ 17,710.35
MS PRINCIPAL FUND $ 9,810.35
SADD $ 1,452.29
SPANISH CLUB $ 11,571.87
STEAM $ 4,430.20
STUDENT COUNCIL- HS $ 20,994.60
STUDENT COUNCIL- MS $ 9,495.35
YEARBOOK- HS $ 19,420.00
YEARBOOK- MS $ 7,729.60
8. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated
9. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
10. Adopted Resolution #23-03 entering into a cooperative transportation agreement with the
Trumbull County Educational Service Center and Community Bus Services, Inc.
11. Appointed the following delegate and alternate to the 2022 OSBA Annual Business Meeting:
Delegate: Donald Newell
Alternate: Amanda O’Neill
12. Approved the second reading for re-adoption of the following board policy revision.
po8500 Food Services
13. Accepted, with regret the resignation of Erika Kopanic, from Hubbard Schools Kindergarten – sixth
grade school nurse, at the end of the 2021-2022 school year.
14. Accepted, the resignation of Amy Gasser, from HMS Science Teacher, effective
August 1, 2022.
15. Approved, Amy Gasser, HHS Guidance Counselor, Masters +30, Step 13, effective August 1, 2022,
as per HEA negotiated agreement.
16. Approved, the following extended days, for the 2022-2023 school year:
Amy Gasser HHS Guidance Counselor 16 Extended Days
17. Accepted, with regret the resignation of Amy Gasser, from HMS Academic Teams, for the 2022-
2023 school year.
18. Approved, Adam Davidson, HMS Science Teacher, one year limited contract, BA Step 5,
effective for the 2022-2023 school year, as per posting dated July 11, 2022, as per HEA
19. Approved, Gianna Thomson, HMS Intervention Specialist, one year limited contract, BA Step 4,
effective for the 2022-2023 school year, as per posting dated June 30, 2022, as per HEA
20. Approved the 2022-2023 Hubbard Athletic Handbook, as submitted.
21. Approved the following for the 2022-2023 athletic season, as per HEA negotiated
Kevin Hogue – Ticket Manager
22. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Michael Kacir – Head Boys Cross Country (7-12)
Michael Kacir – Head Girls Cross Country (7-12)
Dominique Fortunato – Seventh Grade Girls Cheerleading
Linda Congemi – Eighth Grade Girls Cheerleading
23. Approved, Stephanie Pavlovich, Hubbard Community Pool, front desk substitute, $9.55 per hour,
effective, July 20, 2022.
24. Approved, a contract modification for, Marcee Keeler, 4-hour Cook, Step 6, to a 5 hour
Cook, Step 6, effective for the 2022-2023 school year, as per OAPSE negotiated
25. Approved, a one year limited contract for, Ashley Marriotti, Cook, 4 hours per day,
Step 0, effective for the 2022-2023 school year, as per the posting dated May 26, 2022, as per
OAPSE negotiated agreement.
26. Approved, a one year limited contract for, Bethany Jones, Bus Aide, 6 hours per day, Step 0,
effective for the 2022-2023 school year, as per posting dated June 29, 2022, as per OAPSE
27. Approved, the following school lunch prices beginning for the 2022-2023 school year.
28. Approved, Cindy Mayle, Substitute Cleaner, for the 2022-2023 school year.
29. Approved the addendum to the employment contract between the Hubbard Exempted
Village School District Board of Education and Superintendent Raymond Soloman effective August
1, 2022, through July 31, 2027, as previously reviewed by the Board of Education.
30. Approved the addendum to the employment contract between the Hubbard Exempted
Village School District Board of Education and Treasurer Amber DeJulio effective through July 31,
2023, and further moves to approve a 5-year employment contract between the Board of
Education and Treasurer Amber DeJulio effective August 1, 2023, through July 31, 2028, as
previously reviewed by the Board of Education.
Raymond W. Soloman