JUNE 26, 2019
HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of May 2019.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
May 21, 2019 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Anonymous $288 to HHS Outstanding Senior Class Fees
4. Approved the Permanent Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2019, as submitted.
5. Approved the Initial Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2020, as submitted.
6. Approved the following final grant allocations for fiscal year 2019.
Title I (572) $376,856.70
Title II-A (590) $77,040.06
Title IV-A (599) $33,614.57
IDEA Title VI-B (516) $368,851.89
Safety Grant (499) $10,757.60
7. Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective June 30, 2019.
8. Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective July 1, 2019.
9. Approved the following transfers and advances for fiscal year 2019:
ADVANCES: (to be repaid at end of FY2020)
From GF (001) to Athletics (300) $18, 698.78
10. Schools of Ohio Risk Sharing Authority (SORSA) Participation Agreement
Approved the following:
Agreement: The Griffith Agency, Inc., Liberty Mutual Insurance
Contact: Robert I. Griffith III, CPCU
18 N. Market Street, Girard, Ohio 44420
Effective: July 1, 2019 (renewable the 1st day of July of each year)
11. Approved the TCESC 2018-2019 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
12. Approved the 2018-2019 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted and updated, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
13. Non-renewed the following coaches, at the end of the 2018-2019 school year:
John W. Schiraldi
John R. Schiraldi
14. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Carmen Russo, Head Wrestling Coach, effective immediately.
15. Approved Nickolai Timbs, Head Wrestling Coach, for the 2019-2020 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
16. Approved Francesca Humphries, Middle School Cheer Coach, for the 2019-2020 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
17. Approved the following “Eagle Launch” tutors, August 6,7,13,14,20, 21 of 2019, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
HES Eagle Launch Tutors:
HMS Eagle Launch Tutor:
HHS Eagle Launch Tutors:
Kayla Dickason Welsh
18. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Chuck Montgomery, Director of Athletics, for the purpose of retirement, effective August 1, 2019.
19. Approved Joshua Forsythe, Kraken Head Coach, “as needed”, $15.87/hr., effective June 10, 2019 thru June 30, 2019.
20. Approved Joshua Forsythe, a one year limited contract for the 2019-2020 school year, as Kraken Head Coach, Step 0, 260 days/ $33,000.00.
21. Approved Effie Starheim, Music teacher (Vocal Music) for the 2019-2020 school year, 2 periods per day, BA Step 0, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
22. Approved the following Advisors be hired for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Art Club – Co-advisor: Josh MacMillan
Art Club – Co-advisor: Dan Scarmack
Band – Dan Nestich
Band Assistant – Andrea Lewis
Marching Band Assistant – Scott Killian
Pep Band – Scott Killian
Jazz Band – Scott Killian
Percussion Advisor – Scott Killian
Majorette Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio
Flag Line Advisor – Sarah Nestich
Chorus HS Co-advisor 1/3 contract – Andrea Lewis
Chorus HS Co-advisor 2/3 contract – Effie Starheim
Senior Class Advisor – Andrea Stamp
Junior Class Advisor – Maryann Smiley
Sophomore Class Advisor – Megan Schellhorn
Freshman Class Advisor – Lisa Shattuck
Head Speech – Chris Moriarty
Fall Play Director – Mary Davis
Ecology Club – Irene Pizanias
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Josh MacMillan
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Dan Scarmack
French Club – Kesha Szeljack
Spanish Club – Anna Badurik
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Irene Pizanias
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Debbie Wack
Academic Teams HS – Chris Moriarty
S.A.D.D. – Mary Davis
Newspaper HS – Lisa Shattuck
Student Council HS – Laura McCleery
Yearbook Advisor HS - Megan Schellhorn
Video Production – Megan Schellhorn
STEM Festival HS – Tiffany Bendersky
STEM Festival HS – Tiffany Marian