HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
JUNE 27, 2018
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of May 2018.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
May 14, 2018 Special Meeting 3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations: PI&I Motor Express Load and deliver 17 loads of Asphalt Grindings Valued at $225/load totaling $3,825 Asphalt Grindings (material) Valued at $150/load totaling $2,550 Anonymous 7 Trees planted on Hall Ave. campus $1,750 value Barbara Robey $100 to the Jeannette Williams Land Lab $100 to the HS Industrial Technology Department Anonymous $20 to Mock Trial Anonymous $415 to HHS Summer School Fees 4. Approved the Permanent Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2018, as submitted.
5. Approved the Initial Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2019, as submitted.
6. Approved the following final grant allocations for fiscal year 2018. Federal Grants Title I $389,090.33 Title II-A $77,051.15 Title IV-A $10,000.00 IDEA Title VI-B $433,596.75
State Grant Secondary Transition $548.00
7. Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective June 30, 2018.
8. Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective July 1, 2018.
9. Authorized the Treasurer to make necessary fiscal year-end adjustments, i.e. transfers and/or advances, for the purpose of closing fiscal year 2018. The changes, if any, will be Board Approved at the July 2018 regular meeting.
10. Approved the following: Agreement: The Griffith Agency, Inc., Liberty Mutual Insurance Contact: Robert I. Griffith III, CPCU 18 N. Market Street, Girard, Ohio 44420 (330) 545-5489 Amount: $60,060.00 Effective: July 1, 2018 (renewable the 1st day of July of each year)
11. Entered into a service agreement between OSBA Public Finance Resources and HEVSD, beginning July 2018, as submitted.
12. Approved the TCESC 2017-2018 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
13. Approved the following HHS Advisors for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Art Club – Josh MacMillan Band – Dan Nestich Band Assistant Director – Andrea Lewis Marching Band Assistant – Scott Killian Jazz Band – Scott Killian Percussion Advisor – Scott Killian Majorette Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio Flag Line Advisor – Sarah Nestich Business Club – Jessie Jones-Canter Chorus HS – Andrea Lewis Senior Class Advisor – Andrea Stamp Junior Class Advisor – May Ann Smiley Sophomore Class Advisor – Carol Killian Freshman Class Advisor – Lisa Shattuck Head Speech – Chris Moriarty Fall Play Director – Carol Killian Ecology Club – Irene Pizanias Future Teachers of America – Josh MacMillan Spanish Club – Anna Badurik Sign Language Club – Rich Magazzine National Honor Society – Co-advisors – Irene Pizanias, Debbie Wack Academic Teams HS – Chris Moriarty S.A.D.D. – Mary Davis Newspaper HS – Lisa Shattuck Student Council HS – Laura McCleery Yearbook: HS – Megan Schellhorn Video Production – Megan Schellhorn STEM Festival HS (2) – Jessie Jones-Canter (Math), Tiffany Bendersky (Science) Mock Trial HS – Debbie Wack History Day HS – Ross Stoffer English Festival 10-12 – Chris Moriarty Robotics (2) – Tim Headrick, Tiffany Bendersky French Club – Kesha Szeljack
Volunteer Advisors: Rotary Interact – Mary Mathews-Bebech National Arts Honor Society – Josh MacMillan
14. Approved the following HMS club/activity advisors for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement: Mary Ann Smiley – Academic Team Middle School Geneen Morrison and Linda Congemi – Co-Math Competitions Brian Luther – English Festival 7-9 Tracy Hoover and Frank O'Brien – Co-Middle School Yearbook Kelli Komlanc – Student Council Diane Glodek – Lego Robotics (Grade 7/8)
15. Approved the following HES club/activity advisor for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Danielle Aurandt – Elementary Evening Music Coordinator
16. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Julianne Carsone HHS Guidance 10 Extended Days Toni Haidaris HHS Guidance 10 Extended Days
17. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Mickey Sikora CBI 5 Extended Days
18. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Trent Stubrich HMS Guidance 10 Extended Days
19. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Audrey Richards Psychologist 10 Extended Days
20. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Maggie Slovesko HES Guidance 10 Extended Days
21. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
Dan Nestich Band Director 5 Extended Days Andrea Lewis Band Director 5 Extended Days
22. Approved the following extended days, for the 2018-2019 school year:
LuAnn Eger Nurse 3 Extended Days Erica Kopanic Nurse 3 Extended Days 23. Approved the following summer help “as needed” effective May 30, 2017, Step 2 of the Cleaner salary, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
24. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jenna Evans, HHS teacher, at the end of the 2017-2018 school year.
25. Approved a one year limited contract for Kesha Szeljack, HHS French teacher, for the 2018-2019 school year, MA, Step 10, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
26. Approved a one year limited contract for Kayla Dickason, HHS Intervention teacher, for the 2018-2019 school year, BA, Step 0, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
27. Approved Nick McGinnis, Lead Mentor, for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
28. Approved the revisions to the 2018-2019 HHS student handbook, and academic course book, regarding grade classification, as submitted.
29. Approved the HES 2018-2019 Handbook, as submitted.
30. Approved Mary Davis, home instructor, as per posting dated April 19, 2018.
31. Approved the following teachers for the Credit Recovery Summer program for the 2017-2018 school year, per posting dated April 27, 2018, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
Math Credit Recovery Andrea Stamp Math Credit Recovery Lisa Cricks ELA Credit Recovery Chris Moriarty
32. Non-renewed the following club/activity advisors at the end of the 2017-2018 school year: Spring Musical Director Carol Killian Spring Musical Assistant Director Mary Davis Spring Musical Assistant Director Kayla Panning Spring Musical Accompanist Laurie Jones
33. Approved Hobbie B. Lambert III to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees with the term beginning July 9, 2018, and ending March 31, 2019.
34. Non-renewed the following coaches at the end of the 2017-2018 school year:
Baseball John W. Schiraldi Head John R. Schiraldi Varsity Assistant Tim Schiraldi Varsity Assistant
Softball Ken Miller Head Joe Zagorec JV Kristin Robinson JV
Track and Field Don Gosney Head Boys Rodney Greenamyer Head Girls James Phibbs Co-Varsity Assistant Ross Stoffer Co-Varsity Assistant Maggie Paris Co-Varsity Assistant Dan Jones Co-Varsity Assistant Trent Stubrich 7 and 8th Grade Boys Ben Lane 7 and 8th Grade Girls David Stallard 7 and 8th Grade Assistant Jackie DelMonte Throwing Coach
35. Approved the following Volunteer Coaches for Cross Country 2018-2019 school year: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
David Anderson Rosalie Wagner
36. Approved Kadie Silsbe, Middle School Cheerleading Coach for the 2018-2019 school year. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
37. Approved Scott Killian, Ticket Manager for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
38. Approved the first reading of the following board policy, to be adopted at the July 25, 2018 board meeting: 8451 Head Lice
39. Adjusted the Step Only on Item X.O. from the December 18, 2017 board agenda, Wendy Hendrix contract from Step 2 to read Step 3. 40. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Austin Handrych HHS Assistant Principal, effective July 31, 2018.
41. Amended the Aquatic Director 2017-2019 employment contract as follows: For the remainder of this contract the Aquatic Director will be placed on the Non-Certificated Factoring System as the Aquatic Coordinator in accordance with the job description.
42. Approved a one year limited contract for Mary Mathews-Bebech, Director of Pupil Services, effective July 1, 2018, 210 days @ current salary.
43. Approved a two year limited contract for Chuck Montgomery, 240 days contract, Athletic Coordinator/Facilities Manager, effective 8/1/2018 to 7/31/2020, @ current salary.
44. Approved Joe Maldonado, 260 days contract, as per the Hubbard EVSD Technology Department Salary Factoring System, effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020.
45. Approved David Reel, HHS Assistant Principal, 2 year, 220 days contract, as per Certificated Administrative Salary Factoring System.
46. Approved Resolution # 18-13, approving the amendments to the Certificated, Non-Certificated, and Technology Administrator employment contracts, as submitted.
47. Approved the contract with Toshiba Business Solutions, as submitted. Terms: $4,298.50 per month for 60 months, effective July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2023.
Raymond W. Soloman Superintendent