Board Summary - June 29, 2020 - HEVSD
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of May 2020.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
May 26, 2020 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
HESPA $4,000 to the HES Principal’s Fund
Giant Eagle Apples for Students $254 to the HES Principal’s Fund
Eugene & Loretta Swartz 2 x $100 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
4. Approved Resolution #20-25 – Permanent Appropriation Measure 2019-2020, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2020, as submitted.
5. Approved Resolution #21-01 – Initial Appropriation Measure for 2020-2021, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2021, as submitted.
6. Approved the following final grant allocations for fiscal year 2020.
Title I (572) $370,055.01
Title II-A (590) $39,092.88
Title IV-A (599) $52,177.46
IDEA Title VI-B (516) $362,187.49
Student Wellness & Success (467) $289,714.72
Safety Grant (499) $ 8,531.47
7. Approved Final Certificate of Estimated Resources for 2019-2020, the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective June 30, 2020.
8. Approved Initial Certificate of Estimated Resources for 2020-2021: Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective July 1, 2020.
9. Approved the following transfers and advances for fiscal year 2019:
ADVANCES: (to be repaid at end of FY2021)
From GF (001) to Food Service (006) $16,050.36
From GF (001) to Athletics (300) $14,318.77
10. Schools of Ohio Risk Sharing Authority (SORSA) Participation Agreement: Approved the following:
Agreement: The Griffith Agency, Inc., Liberty Mutual Insurance
Contact: Robert I. Griffith III, CPCU
18 N. Market Street, Girard, Ohio 44420
Effective: July 1, 2020 (renewable the 1st day of July of each year)
11. Adopted Resolution #20-26 expressing an intent to award a contract and authorizing the President and Treasurer to enter into said contract related to the update of the network server for the HEVSD, as submitted.
12. Adopted Resolution #20-27 engaging TSA Consulting Group, Inc. to provide 403(b)/457(b) plan administration services, at no cost to the district, as submitted.
13. Adopted Resolution #20-28 regarding action related to the District’s Educational Broadband Service License, as submitted.
14. Approved the TCESC 2019-2020 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
15. Approved the 2019-2020 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
16. Approved Resolution #21-02, Tuition Billing Agreement Timothy O’Keefe effective the 2020- 2021 school year, as submitted.
17. Approved a contract between HEVSD and Thompson Enterprises, Inc., dba Youth Intensive Services, at no cost to the HEVSD, effective July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021, as submitted.
18. Authorized payment of 10 additional hours to Patrick Goclano, serving as a consultant for purposes of an effective transition in the Hubbard Community Pool leadership, from May 11-15, 2020, as needed, at a rate of $20.81 per hour.
19. Approved the second and final reading of, and to adopt the following board policies:
po1520 Employment of Administrators
po2464 Gifted Education and Identification
po3120 Employment of Professional Staff
po3120.04 Employment of Substitutes
po3120.05 Employment of Personnel in Summer School Programs
po3120.08 Employment of Personnel for Co-Curricular/Extra-Curricular Activities
po4120 Employment of Classified Staff
po4120.08 Employment of Personnel for Co-Curricular/Extra-Curricular Activities
po4124 Employment Contract
po4162 Drug and Alcohol Testing of CDL License Holders and Other Employees who Perform Safety Sensitive Functions
po5460 Graduation Requirements
po5460.02 Students at-risk of not Qualifying for a High School Diploma
po6107 Authorization to Accept and Distribute Electronic Records and to use Electronic Signatures
20. Approved the first reading of the following board policy, to have a second reading and adoption at the July 27, 2020 board meeting, to be implemented for the 2021-2022 school year:
po3220 Standards-Based Teacher Evaluation
21. Approved a contract modification for Jaclyn DelMonte, from BA+15 Step 5, to MA Step 5, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
22. Approved Rachel Busi, lifeguard, Hubbard Community Pool, @ $9.55/hr., effective June 1, 2020.
23. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Kim Dixon, part-time receptionist at the Hubbard Community Pool, effective May 17, 2020.
24. Approved Petrina Armstrong, part-time receptionist at the Hubbard Community Pool, @$9.55/hr., effective June 15, 2020.
25. Approved a two year, 260 day contract, effective 7-1-20 to 6-30-22 to Adrienne Poullas, as Aquatic Coordinator, per the Non-Certificated Administrator Factoring System.
26. Approved Aaron Wirtz, a one year limited contract for the 2020-2021 school year, as Kraken Head Coach, Step 0, 260 days/ $33,000.00, effective July 1, 2020.
27. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
Toni Haidaris HHS Guidance 10 Extended Days
Courtney Lauderman HHS Guidance 10 Extended Days
28. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
Mickey Sikora CBI 5 Extended Days
29. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
Trent Stubrich HMS Guidance 10 Extended Days
30. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
Mary Sainato Psychologist 10 Extended Days
31. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
Maggie Slovesko HES Guidance 10 Extended Days
32. Approved the following extended days, for the 2020-2021 school year:
LuAnn Eger Nurse 3 Extended Days
Erica Kopanic Nurse 3 Extended Days
33. Approved the revised Hubbard Athletic Handbook, as submitted:
34. Non-renewed the following coaches, at the end of the 2019-2020 school year:
John W. Schiraldi Jr.
John R. Schiraldi
Frank Cimmento Jr.
35. Approved the following for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Tim Schiraldi-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football) and Equipment Manager
Sean Borawiec-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football)
John W. Schiraldi Jr.-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football)
Dennis Parise-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football)
Sam Bellino-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football)
Tim Taafe-Full Contract (Varsity Asst Football)
Ron Fox-Volunteer (Varsity Asst Football)
Ken Bencetic-Volunteer (Varsity Asst Football)