BOARD SUMMARY JUNE 29, 2021
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of May 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
May 14, 2021 Special Meeting
May 24, 2021 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Braydich Dental $1,000 to Kraken Swimming/Diving Blocks
Johnson Controls $500 to HHS Student Council
Multiple Anonymous from 5k Run $290 to the HHS Principal’s Fund
4. Resolution #21-19 – Permanent Appropriation Measure 2020-2021
Adopted the Permanent Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2021, as submitted.
5. Resolution #22-01 – Initial Appropriation Measure for 2021-2022
Adopted the Initial Appropriation Measure, hereby establishing the district budget for fiscal year 2022, as submitted.
6. Approved the following final grant allocations for fiscal year 2021.
One Net Connectivity (451) $ 5,400.00
PBIS K-12 Education Initiative (451) $ 21,504.18
Student Wellness & Success (467) $ 595,837.40
School Bus Purchase (499) $ 50,451.77
Safety Grant (499) $ 9,648.28
ESSER (507) $ 278,332.81
ESSER II (507) $ 1,136,336.11
Coronavirus Relief Fund (510) $ 93,621.54
CFR Broadband Connectivity (510) $ 8,550.00
IDEA Title VI-B (516) $ 379,991.05
Title I (572) $ 344,866.20
Expanding Opportunities (572) $ 7,230.15
Title II-A (590) $ 73,137.66
Title IV-A (599) $ 27,280.90
7. Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective June 30, 2021.
8. Initial Certificate of Estimated Resources for 2021-2022
Approved the certificate of the total amount of all sources available for expenditures and balances as cited in Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.36 effective July 1, 2021.
9. Approved the repayment of the following advances:
Fiscal Year 2020 advances Approved June 29, 2020:
From GF (001) to Food Service (006) $16,050.36
From GF (001) to Athletics (300) $14,318.77
Fiscal Year 2021 advance Approved October 26, 2020:
From GF (001) to Food Service (006) $100,000.00\
10. Approved the following transfers and advances for fiscal year 2021:
ADVANCES (to be repaid before end of FY2022)
From GF (001) to Broadband Connectivity (510) $7,095.81
11. Schools of Ohio Risk Sharing Authority (SORSA) Participation Agreement
Approved the following:
Agreement: The Griffith Agency, Inc., Liberty Mutual Insurance
Contact: Robert I. Griffith III, CPCU
18 N. Market Street, Girard, Ohio 44420
Effective: July 1, 2021 (renewable the 1st day of July of each year)
12. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
13. Approved the 2020-2021 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
14. Approved the 2021-2022 HES Student Handbook, as submitted.
15. Approved the 2021-2022 HMS Student Handbook, as submitted.
16. Approved the 2021-2022 HHS Student Handbook, as submitted.
17. Approved Nick McGinnis, Lead Mentor, for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
18. Approved a one year, 210 day limited contract for Mary Mathews-Bebech, Director of Pupil Services, effective July 1, 2021, at $52,000.00.
19. Approved a three year, 260 day contract effective 7-1-2021 thru 6-30-2024 to Kevin Hogue, as Director of Athletics, per the Technology/Athletic Department Administrator Salary Factoring System.
20. Approved a three year, 260 day contract effective 7-1-2021 thru 6-30-2024 to Mona Jones, as Transportation Supervisor, per the Non-Certificated Administrator Salary Factoring System.
21. Approved Dominic Panozzo, Swim Instructor, beginning 6-7-2021 @ $10.00/hr.
22. Approved a one year limited contract to Julia Finocchi, HHS ASL Teacher, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
23. Approved the date of graduation on the 2021-2022 district calendar from May 26, 2022 to May 25, 2022.
24. Removed the Senior exams days from the 2021-2022 district calendar and replacing it with TBA.
25. Approved a one year limited contract to John W. Schiraldi, Paraprofessional for the Alternative Learning Center, 2021-2022 school year, Step 0, 6.5 hrs., per posting dated May 19, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
26. Approved a Leave of Absence for Katie Duchek per HEA negotiated agreement.
27. Rescinded Item X. C. of the March 22, 2021 board agenda which involved the approval of a Transportation Contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Canfield Local School District for the 2020-2021school year as submitted.
28. Approved a transportation contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Canfield Local School District for the 2020-2021 school year, as submitted.
29. Approved a contract modification to Leah Orlowski, from MA Step 4 to MA+30 Step 4, effective for the 2021-2022 school year, as per MOU.
30. Approved a contract modification for Danielle Aurandt, from BA+15 Step 6 to MA Step 6, effective for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
31. Approved a contract modification for Diane Earich, from BA Step 4 to BA+15 Step 4, effective for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
32. Approved a contract modification for Katie Duchek, from BA Step 2 to BA+15 Step 2, effective for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
33. Non-renewed the following:
Kevin Hogue-Ticket Manager
Brian Hoffman- Weight Lifting (Winter and Spring)
John W. Schiraldi-Varsity Coach
John R. Schiraldi- Varsity Assistant Coach
Ryan Love- Volunteer Assistant Coach
Joe Palumbo-Volunteer Assistant Coach
Tim Schiraldi- Volunteer Varsity Assistant Coach
Dennis Parise- Varsity Assistant Coach
Joe Zagorec- Varsity Coach
Anne Zagorec-Varsity Assistant Coach
Emma Wukelich-Varsity Assistant Coach
Scott Munnell-Volunteer Varsity Assistant Coach
Rod Greenamyer- Head Girls Track Coach
Don Gosney- Head Boys Track Coach
Dominique Cupp- MS Track
Ross Stoffer- HS Girls Assistant Track Coach
James Phibbs-HS Boys Assistant Track Coach
Kristina Mariotti- HS Boys and Girls Assistant Track Coach
James Chaney- HS and MS Throwing Coach
34. Approved the following coaches for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Head Varsity Cross Country Coach
Ralph Michael Fabrizio- Freshman
Andrew Frank-HS Volunteer
Corinne Jacobs- Volunteer
Chris Fahndrich-7th Grade
Anne Zagorec-8th Grade
35. Approved payment to the following Spring workers:
Jack Betts-HS and MS Track Starter -$300.00
Liz Tomory-HS and MS Track Official -$200.00
Geoff Malcomson- MS Track Official- $50.00
Chelsey Black- MS Track Worker-Shot and Discuss (2 Meets)-$70.00
36. Approved the following athletic adjustments:
SY 2020-2021 Both Ross Stoffer and James Phibbs will receive their one percent back from Kristina Mariotti who did not coach this year
SY 2021-2022 Ron Fox- HS Football Coach moved to 6+ years experience, from 5+ years experience
37. Approved the following HMS Club Advisors for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Student Council-Kelli Komlanc
English Festival 7-9-Brian Luther
Academic Teams Advisor-Mary Ann Smiley
MS Play Director-Mary Davis
LEGO Robotics-Rebecca Buchenic
Yearbook Co-Advisors-Tracy Hoover and Frank O'Brien
Math Competitions Co-Advisors-Amy Shelby and Linda Congemi
HERO Club/Friends of Rachel-Angela Yohman
38. Approved the following HHS Club Advisors for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Art Club – Co-advisor: Josh MacMillan
Art Club – Co-advisor: Dan Scarmack
Band – Dan Nestich
Band Assistant – Andrea Lewis
Band Events – Dan Nestich
Band Events – Andrea Lewis
Marching Band Assistant – Scott Killian
Pep Band – Scott Killian
Pep Club – Tiffany Marian
Jazz Band - Scott Killian
Percussion Advisor – Scott Killian
Majorette Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio
Flag Line Advisor – Sarah Nestich
Dance Line Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio
Chorus HS Advisor – Rachel Cline
Senior Class Advisor – Andrea Stamp
Junior Class Advisor – Maryann Smiley
Sophomore Class Advisor – Tiffany Marian
Freshman Class Advisor – Lisa Shattuck
Fall Play Director – Mary Davis
Ecology Club – Irene Pizanias
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Josh MacMillan
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Dan Scarmack
French Club – Kesha Szeljack
Spanish Club – Anna Badurik
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Irene Pizanias
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Debbie Wack
Academic Teams HS – Chris Moriarty
S.A.D.D. – Mary Davis
Newspaper HS – Lisa Shattuck
Student Council HS – Laura McCleery
Yearbook Co-Advisor HS - Chris Moriarty
Yearbook Co-Advisor HS - Kesha Szeljack
Video Production – Chris Moriarty
STEM Festival HS Co-Advisor – Laura McCleery
STEM Festival HS Co-Advisor – Tiffany Marian
Mock Trial HS – Debbie Wack
History Day HS – Ross Stoffer
English Festival 10-12 – Chris Moriarty
Robotics – Mike Brekoski
Link Crew Advisor – Laura McCleery
Link Crew Advisor – Andrea Stamp
Spring Musical Director – Mary Davis
Spring Musical Assistant Director –
Spring Musical Accompanist – Laurie Jones
ASL Advisor – Julia Finocchi
Rotary Interact – Mary Mathews-Bebech
National Arts Honor Society – Josh MacMillan
39. ApprovedGiovanni Walley, Swim Instructor, at $10/hr., beginning June 21, 2021.
40. Approved a two year, 260 day limited contract for Aaron Wirtz, Kraken Swimming Head Coach, at his current salary, effective 7-1-2021.
41. Adopted Resolution #22-02, Tuition Billing Agreement Timothy O’Keefe effective the 2021-2022 school year, as submitted.
42. Approved the 2021-2022 Hubbard EVSD Board Office Secretary Salary Schedule, as submitted.
43. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Jessica Richmond, HES teacher, at the end of the 2020/2021 school year.
44. Approved a Leave of Absence for Megan Schellhorn, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
45. Approved a $600 stipend, upon completion of the Hubbard 2021 Summer Academy Professional Development sessions, effective June 3, 2021, paid out of Title IIA funds to Tiffany Marian.
46. Approved Danielle Aurandt, HES Elementary Evening Music Coordinator for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
Raymond W. Soloman