HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD SUMMARY March 13, 2023
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of February 2023.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
February 15, 2023 Regular Meeting
February 21, 2023 Special Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
HEPA $4,000 to ES Principal’s Fund
4. Approved Resolution #23-11: Accepting the amount and rates determined by the Budget
Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor for
Fiscal Year 2023-2024, as submitted.
5. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
6. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the following certified substitute as a classified substitute on an “as needed” basis, at the
daily substitute teacher rate.
8. Approved the second reading and adoption of the 2023-2024 HEVSD School Calendar.
9. Approved the adjustment to the board meeting date/location for the October 16, 2023 meeting at
the Board of Education Office to October 11, 2023 at Hubbard Schools Auditorium.
10. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Robyn Fette, effective immediately.
11. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Hayley Rabich, HHS Part Time Art Teacher, effective the
end of the 2022-2023 school year.
12. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Kristen Democko, HES Paraprofessional, effective
February 13, 2023.
13. Approved unpaid leave for Marilyn Berchuck, HMS Paraprofessional, effective February 13, 2023,
as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
14. Approved the following staff transfers for the 2023-2024 school year:
Jennifer Smith from Kindergarten Teacher to Title I Reading Teacher
15. Approved DeLisa Rosine, HES/HMS K-6 Nurse, one year limited contract, BA Step 1, effective for
the 2023-2024 school year, as per posting dated February 3, 2023, as per HEA negotiated
16. Approved a one year limited contract (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year),
for Jessica Tressa, HES Paraprofessional - One on One, Step 0, 6.5 hours per day, effective on
February 28, 2023, for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year, as per the posting dated
February 21, 2023, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
17. Approved permission for High School Baseball to play games at Harding Park due to large number of
players, at a cost of $25.00 per game for the 2022-2023 school year.
18. Approved the following coach for the 2022-2023 Spring Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Brian Bosheff- Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
19. Approved to non-renew the following 2022-2023 Athletic Supplementals:
Richard Marshall - Girls Basketball Varsity Head Coach
Patrick Manzo - Girls Basketball Varsity Assistant Coach
Robert Thompson - Girls HS Basketball Volunteer
Josh Durbin – Eighth Grade Girls Basketball
Michael Maietta – Seventh Grade Girls Basketball
T. J. Rodgers - MS Girls Basketball Volunteer
Joe Bornemiss - Boys Basketball Varsity Head Coach
Ralph Michael Fabrizio - Boys Basketball Varsity Assistant Coach
Andrew Frank - 9th Grade Boys Basketball Coach
George Lanterman - 8th Grade Boys Basketball Coach
Andrew Frank - Volunteer HS Boys Basketball Coach
Adam Connelly - Volunteer HS Boys Basketball Coach
Marcus Coonce – 7th Grade Boys Basketball
Pedro De Lalor – Volunteer Boys HS Basketball
Brian Zuzik – Fifth/Sixth Youth Basketball Coordinator / Volunteer Boys Basketball Coach
Kobe Krisuk - Volunteer HS Boys Basketball Coach
Scott Killian - Boys Varsity Bowling Coach
Ken Miller - Girls Varsity Bowling Coach
Corinne Jacobs - Boys and Girls Bowling Volunteer
Ralph Streb - Varsity Co-Ed Wrestling Coach
Donald Lehman – Assistant Wrestling Coach
Mike Adamson – Assistant Wrestling Coach
James Chaney – Assistant Wrestling Coach
Chris Balla –Assistant Wrestling Coach
Amber Flynn – Assistant Wrestling Coach
Jordan Nadjusak – Seventh/Eighth Wrestling Coach
Kyle Gabrick - HS and MS Volunteer Wrestling Coach
Melissa Lehman - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer Coach
Jamie Rush - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Steve Allen - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Matt Chavez - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Alex Carr – Varsity Cheer Coach
Dominique Cupp – Freshman Cheer Coach
Dominique Fortunato – Seventh Grade Girls Cheerleading
Linda Congemi – Eighth Grade Girls Cheerleading
2022-2023 Youth Basketball Coaches
Deanna Slifka - 3rd Grade Volunteer
Bill Kohut - 3rd Grade Volunteer
Amie DeLuca - 4th Grade Volunteer
Kacie Mosora - 4th Grade Volunteer
Melissa Caesar - 5th Grade Volunteer
Anthony Alexander - 5th Grade Volunteer
Tiffany Mediate - 6th Grade Volunteer
Robert Ruby - 6th Grade Volunteer
Kerry Zuzik – 5/6 Girls Basketball Coach
Jerad Jordan - 3rd Grade Volunteer
Shari Dobos - 3rd Grade Volunteer
Brian Zuzik - 4th Grade Volunteer
Dan Jones - 4th Grade Volunteer
Gabe Wildman - 5th Grade Volunteer
John W. Schiraldi - 5th Grade Volunteer
David Ward - 6th Grade Volunteer
Adam Reagle - 6th Grade Volunteer
20. Approved the following 2022-2023 Winter Sports Worker:
Scott Killian – Game Administrator
21. Approved the following 2022-2023 Winter Payments:
Winter Sports Workers
Keegan Balla - HS and MS Basketball and Wrestling Scoreboard - $730.00
David Williams - HS and MS Basketball Scoreboard - $300.00
Brian Luther - HS Basketball Announcer - $1000.00
Dennis Parise - HS Basketball Clock Operator - $1,200.00
Candace Ackworth - HS Basketball Stat Board - $1,100.00
Fred Shaffer - JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Scorekeeper - $1150.00
John Chovan - JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Scorekeeper - $1150.00
Ben Wilcox - Girls Basketball Video - $275.00
Kaitlyn Thompson - Girls Basketball Video - $175.00
Stacey Fabrizio - Boys Basketball Video - $575.00
Scott Killian-2/17/2023 Game Administrator - $75.00
22. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of the following coach, for the 2023-2024 athletic season.
Anne Zagorec - Ninth Grade Volleyball Coach
23. Approved the following coaches for the 2023-2024 Fall Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Anne Zagorec - Assistant Volleyball Coach
Jeff Tetrick - 7th Grade Volleyball Coach
24. Approved the continued employment of Josh Foster, Maintenance temporary casual employee,
through the end of the 2022-2023 school year, $17.75 per hour.
25. Approved Jeffrey Gessler, HMS Long Term Substitute Teacher for Physical Education, effective
April 3, 2023 through May 30, 2023, as per posting dated February 16, 2023, as per HEA
26. Approved Nathan Paris, Daily Building Substitute as needed, at the daily teacher substitute rate,
effective April 3, 2023 through May 30, 2023, as per posting dated February 3, 2023, as per HEA
27. Approved Stacia Miglesz, Long Term Bus Aide for Transportation, effective March 7, 2023, as per
posting dated February 27, 2023, at the board approved substitute rate.
28. Approved the re-appointment of Deborah Carsone to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees
with the term beginning April 1, 2023 and ending March 31, 2030.
Raymond W. Soloman