Board Summary - HEVSD March 22, 2021
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of February 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
February 22nd, 2021 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Anonymous $95 to the Hubbard Community Pool
Hubbard Baseball Boosters $3,415.90 for Baseball Team Trip Hotel Rooms
4. Approved Resolution #21-15: Accepting the amount and rates as determined by the Budget Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor for Fiscal Year 2021-2022, as submitted.
5. Approved the following Revised Student Activity Budgets:
Class of 2021 (Revised) $6,868.25
Student Council (Revised) $5,187.49
6. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the 2020-2021 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved a transportation contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Canfield Local School District for the 2020-2021 school year, as submitted.
9. Approved the PRELIMINARY DRAFT of the 2021-2022 School Calendar, for the final reading and adoption at the April 26, 2021 board meeting.
10. Approved an unpaid leave for Kamila Krisuk, HMS teacher, beginning 3/9/2021.
11. Approved Ryan Grigsby, Lifeguard for the Hubbard Community Pool @ $9.55/hr., beginning 2-24-21.
12. Approved Diane Glodek, to implement the Remote Learning Virtual Help Sessions (afterschool), for the 2020-2021 school year, to be paid with ESSER funds.
13. Approved Kayla Panning, as the Assistant Spring Musical Director for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
14. Approved a one year limited contract to Chadwick Johnson, afternoon district-wide Custodian, Step 0, effective April 5, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
15. Approved the transfer of Toni Haidaris, HHS Guidance Counselor to HMS Guidance Counselor, for the 2021-2022 school year.
16. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Rachel Tricomi, HHS part-time Art teacher, at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
17. Approved a one year limited contract to Rachel Tricomi, HMS Art teacher, BA Step 2, for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
18. Approved a one year limited contract to Michael Kacir, HHS Math Teacher, BA Step 1, for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
19. Non-renewed the following:
Joe Bornemiss- Basketball-Boys Head
Michael Bornemiss- Basketball-Boys Var. Asst.
Matthias Tayala- Basketball-Boys 9th Grade
George Lanterman-Basketball-Boys 8th Grade
Marcus Coonce-Basketball-Boys 7th Grade
Derek Kopanic- Vol-Boys Basketball
Javon Dixon-Vol-Boys Basketball
Mason Rozycki- Vol-Boys Basketball
Scott Slovesko--Basketball- Girls Head
Ryan Caesar-Basketball-Girls Var. Asst.
Rick Resatar-Basketball-Girls 8th Grade
Ashley Foulkes- Basketball-Girls 7th Grade
John Chovan-Vol-Girls Basketball
Tiffany Mediate-Vol-Girls Basketball
Matt Murphy-Vol-Girls Basketball
Cameron Resatar-Vol-Girls Basketball
Scott Killian-Bowling-Boys Head Coach
Corinne Jacobs-Vol-Boys Bowling
Kenny Miller-Bowling-Girls Head Coach
Keith Davis-Vol-Girls Bowling
Alexandria Carr--Cheerleading- Varsity Head Coach
Amanda Bendel--Cheerleading- Freshman Coach
Amanda Schultz-Cheerleading- 7th and 8th Coach
Ralph Streb- Wrestling- Head Coach
Don Lehman-Wrestling- Assistant
Brandon Rydarowicz- Vol.-Wrestling
Ryan Bednarik- Vol-Wrestling
Derrik Matricardi- Vol-Wrestling
Matthew Clark- Vol-Wrestling
Mike Adamson-Wrestling- 7th and 8th Coach
James Chaney- Wrestling-7th and 8th Coach
20. Approved the Hubbard Baseball Team to travel to Murfreesboro, Tennessee and the surrounding area for a baseball trip. Up to 21 players, 3 coaches and 1 athletic trainer will be going. They will leave on Wednesday March 31st after school. They will be excused from school on Thursday April 1st,2021 and play on that date, Friday April 2nd,2021 and Saturday April 3rd,2021. They will return on Saturday April 3rd,2021 at approximately 9:30 PM. We will follow both Ohio and Tennessee Regulations for COVID-19 for this trip. This trip has been Approved by the OHSAA and will not result in any penalties.
21. Approved the following: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Tim Schiraldi- Resign Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
Tim Schiraldi – Hire as Volunteer Assistant Baseball Coach
Dennis Parise- Hire as Varsity Assistant Baseball Coach
Jaevon Hardy- Resign as HS Track Coach
Kristina Mariotti- Hire as HS Track Coach and will get 1% from Ross Stoffer
and James Phibbs for a 2% total.
James Chaney HMS Track Assistant Coach
22. Approved payment to the following:
Dennis Parise- HS and MS Scoreboard Operator Boys and Girls Basketball=$925.00
Fred Shaffer- JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Scorekeeper=$893.00
Shannon Slovesko-JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Scorekeeper=$752.00
Brianna Jukes- 7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball Scorekeeper=$300.00
Joe Langley- HS and MS Scoreboard Operator Boys and Girls Basketball, and HS and MS Wrestling and HS Boys Basketball Stats=$915.00
Jack Salina-Boys Varsity Basketball Film=$285.00
Anthony Romo- Girls Varsity Basketball Stats=$120.00
Tori Evans- Girls HS Varsity Basketball Film=$240.00
Tim Schiraldi-HS and MS Scoreboard Operator Boys and Girls Basketball=$125.00
23. Approved the following coaches for the 2021-2022 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Cory Reinard- Boys Varsity Soccer Coach
Andrew James- Boys JV Soccer Coach
Josh MacMillan- Girls Varsity Soccer Coach
Harry Reinard- Girls JV Soccer Coach
David Cooper-Boys Head Golf Coach
Don Fusselman-Boys Volunteer Golf Coach
Ron Slipkasky-Volleyball Head Varsity Coach
Greg Powell-Volleyball Varsity Assistant/ JV Coach
Emma Dellinger-Volleyball Freshman Head Coach
Ruthie Sandberg-Volleyball Volunteer Coach (7-12)
Tiffany Ditman -Volleyball Volunteer Coach (7-12)
Raymond W. Soloman