BOARD SUMMARY – May 25, 2021 HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of April 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
April 26th, 2021 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Delta Kappa Gamma $180 to the School Nurse’s Funds
D & R Garage Doors Plus, Inc. $100 to Kraken Swimming/Diving Blocks
HESPA $5,000 donation to the Principals fund - for the future purchase of a pavilion for the playground
4. Approved the revised 2020-2021 Five Year Projection of Revenues, Expenditures, and Assumptions in accordance with Rules 3301-92-04 under Chapter 119 of ORC Section 5705.391, in the format as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Auditor of State, as submitted.
5. Approved the Hubbard Public Library’s proposed General Fund Budget for fiscal year 2022, pursuant to ORC section(s) 5705.28-5705.30.
6. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the 2020-2021 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved an unpaid LOA for Raymond Zedaker, Custodian, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
9. Approved Debbie Ridel, HHS home instruction tutor, as per posting April 27, 2021.
10. Approved Tim Taafe, HMS home instruction tutor, as per posting dated April 30, 2021.
11. Approved payment to the following mentors for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Maria Bayuk $750
Shannon Berkebile $1,000
Kim Bodak $1,100
Lisa Cricks $750
Kelli Komlanc $1,000
Nick McGinnis $1,750
Laura McCleery $100
Dan Scarmack $1,250
Wendy Watson-Shellito $1,000
Andrea Stamp $1,000
12. Approved payment to the following HPDC members for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Jenn Smith $1,000.00 Tracy Greenamyer $1,000.00 Heather White $1,000.00 Kelli Komlanc $1,000.00 Andrea Stamp $1,000.00 Laura McCleery (chairperson) $1,500.00
13. Approved the following HPDC members for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Laura McCleery (Chairperson)
14. Approved the following HPDC meeting dates for the 2021-2022 school year:
August 30, 2021
September 27, 2021
October 25, 2021
November 29, 2021
December 2021, none scheduled
January 31, 2022
February 28, 2022
March 28, 2022
April 25, 2022
May 23, 2022
15. Approved a stipend of $2,025.00 to the following “Eagle Launch” tutors, to be paid from ESSER II funds upon completion:
Eagle Launch K-4th Grade Teachers (3 filled): Margaret Herberger, Shannon Seese, Becky Ague
Eagle Launch 5th-8th Grade Teachers (2 filled): Danielle Leigh and Heather White
Eagle Launch 9th-12th Grade Teachers (+½ filled): Kayla Welsh
Eagle Launch Speech & Language Pathologist K-12 (1filled): Leah Orlowski
Eagle Launch School Psychologist K-12 (1 filled): Mary Sainato
16. Non-renewed the following Hubbard Community Pool personnel, at the end of the 2020-2021 school year:
17. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
Courtney Lauderman HHS Guidance 14 Extended Days
Holly Marshall HHS Guidance 14 Extended Days
18. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
Diane Earich CBI 5 Extended Days
19. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
Toni Haidaris HMS Guidance 10 Extended Days
20. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
Mary Sainato Psychologist 10 Extended Days
21. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
Maggie Slovesko HES Guidance 10 Extended Days
22. Approved the following extended days, for the 2021-2022 school year:
LuAnn Eger Nurse 6 Extended Days
Erica Kopanic Nurse 6 Extended Days
23. Approved Resolution #21-17: Resolution of intent not to provide career-technical education in grades 7 and 8, as submitted.
24. Approved the transfer of Diane Earich, HHS Intervention Specialist, to CBI/OWE for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
25. Approved a LOA for Kayla Welsh, HHS teacher, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
26. Non-renewed the following HHS Club Advisors at the end of the 2020-2021 school year:
Art Club – Co-advisor: Josh MacMillan
Art Club – Co-advisor: Dan Scarmack
Band – Dan Nestich
Band Assistant – Andrea Lewis
Marching Band Assistant – Scott Killian
Pep Band – Scott Killian
Jazz Band – Scott Killian
Percussion Advisor – Scott Killian
Majorette Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio
Flag Line Advisor – Sarah Nestich
Chorus HS Advisor – Rachel Cline
Senior Class Advisor – Andrea Stamp
Junior Class Advisor – Maryann Smiley
Sophomore Class Advisor – Megan Schellhorn
Freshman Class Advisor – Lisa Shattuck
Head Speech – Chris Moriarty
Assistant Speech – Mason Glinn
Ecology Club – Irene Pizanias
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Josh MacMillan
Future Teachers of America Co-advisor – Dan Scarmack
French Club – Kesha Szeljack
Spanish Club – Anna Badurik
Sign Language Club – Julia Finocchi
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Irene Pizanias
National Honor Society Co-advisor – Debbie Wack
Academic Teams HS – Chris Moriarty
S.A.D.D. – Mary Davis
Newspaper HS – Lisa Shattuck
Student Council HS – Laura McCleery
Yearbook Advisor HS - Megan Schellhorn
Video Production – Megan Schellhorn
STEM Festival HS - Tiffany Marian
STEM Festival HS - Laura McCleery
Mock Trial HS – Debbie Wack
History Day HS – Ross Stoffer
English Festival 10-12 – Chris Moriarty
Robotics - Chris Moriarty
Robotics – Mike Brekoski
Link Crew Co-advisor – Laura McCleery
Link Crew Co-advisor – Andrea Stamp
Spring Musical Director – Mary Davis
Spring Musical Assistant Director – Kayla Panning
Spring Musical Accompanist – Laurie Jones
Rotary Interact – Mary Mathews-Bebech
National Arts Honor Society – Josh MacMillan
27. Non-renewed the following HMS Club Advisors after the 2020-2021 school year:
Co-Math Competitions: Amy Shelby and Linda Congemi
Prep Bowl: Mary Ann Smiley
Yearbook Co-Advisors: Frank O'Brien and Tracy Hoover
English Festival: Brian Luther
Lego Robotics: Rebecca Buchenic
HERO Club/Friends of Rachel: Trent Stubrich
Student Council: Kelli Komlanc
28. Approved a one year limited contract for Kelsey Forrester, HES grade 2 teacher, for the 2021-2022 school year, BA Step 2, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
29. Approved a one year limited contract for Mariah Tomo, HES grade 2 teacher, for the 2021-2022 school year, BA Step 4, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
30. Approved the 2021-2022 membership between HEVSD and OHSAA.
31. Approved payment to Danielle Aurandt, HES music supplemental, Christmas and Spring Virtual Concerts, for school year 2020-2021, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
32. Approved payment to the following 2021 Spring Sports Workers:
Jared Southern-HS/MS Track Timer-$70.00
Mallory Greenamyer- HS/MS Track Recorder- $105.00
Dorothy Arvin-HS Track Timer-$35.00
Dan Jones-Shot and Discus Judge-$35.00
Joe Corradi- HS Track Timer-$35.00
Nick Bowser--Softball Varsity Scoreboard-$300.00
Kaitlyn Thompson Baseball Scoreboard Varsity and JV-$480.00
Paul Narkum- Softball Stats-$560.00
33. Approved an adjustment to the April 26, 2021 board agenda, Item X.O. the job title only for Adam Connelly, from Boys Basketball Varsity Assistant to Boys Basketball HS Volunteer.
34. Approved an adjustment to the April 26, 2021 board agenda, Item X.O. to read: James Chaney, Varsity Assistant Football Coach, 2 years Experience.
35. Approved an adjustment to the March 22, 2021 board agenda, Item X.P. to read: James Chaney, Varsity HMS Track Assistant Coach, 3 years Experience.
36. Approved the following employees for limited contract status effective the 2021-2022 school year, salary is according to the current HEA negotiated agreement
Hubbard Elementary School
Hubbard Middle School
Hubbard High School
Rachel Cline (0.5)
37. Approved the following employee for continuing contract status effective the 2021-2022 school year, salary is according to the current HEA negotiated agreement:
38. Approved the following employees for a one-year limited contract effective the 2021-2022 school year, salary is according to the OAPSE negotiated agreement:
39. Approved the following employees for a two-year limited contract effective the 2021-2022 school year, salary is according to the OAPSE negotiated agreement:
40. Approved an agreement with Youth Intensive Services and HEVSD from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022, at no charge to the district.
41. Approved a $600 stipend, upon completion of the Hubbard 2021 Summer Academy Professional Development sessions, paid out of Title IIA funds to the following teachers:
42. Approved a contract modification for Amy Gasser, from MA Step 10 to MA+30 Step 10, for the 2021-2022 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
43. Approved a stipend of $3,375.00 to the following, for HHS Summer School Recovery, to be paid from ESSER II funds upon completion:
Session 1 (June 7-25, 2021)
ELA-Chris Moriarty, Christine Sylvester
Math-Lisa Cricks, Andrea Stamp
Social Studies-Ross Stoffer
Session 2 (August 2-20, 2021)
ELA-Chris Moriarty, Adrianna Lamonge
Social Studies-Richard Perline
44. Approved a stipend of $2,025.00 to the following for HMS Summer School Recovery, to be paid from ESSER II funds upon completion:
45. Approved a stipend of $2,025.00 to the following for HES Summer School Transition Intervention Classes (for students transitioning from Kindergarten to 1st grade, and 1st grade to 2nd) to be paid from ESSER II funds upon completion:
46. Approved the following for Summer Help “as needed” effective June 2, 2021, Step 2 of the Cleaner salary, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
47. Approved the transfer of Connie Swartz, Alternative Learning Center Paraprofessional, to Paraprofessional/Classroom Aide, effective 2021-2022 school year, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
48. Approved Madison Platt be granted senior privilege to complete her senior year at Hubbard High School and graduate with the class of 2022.
49. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Terri Loveless, cook, effective June 1, 2021.
50. Approved the Agreement between the Hubbard Exempted Village School District Board of Education and Tiffany Bendersky effective May 25, 2021 as previously presented and reviewed by the Board.
51. Approved a one year limited contract for Anne Zagorec, HHS Intervention Specialist, for the 2021-2022 school year, BA Step 0, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
52. Approved a one year limited contract for Michael Brekoski, HHS Science teacher, for the 2021-2022 school year, BA Step 2, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
53. Non-renewed the one year limited contract of Ben Lane, Middle School Track Coach, following its expiration at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Raymond W. Soloman