1. Approved the financial reports for the month of October 2018. Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes: October 15, 2018 Regular Meeting 3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations: Abbey Summers $2,198.78 in LEGOs to MS Robotics HHS All Sports Hall of Fame $380 to HHS Girls Soccer Magic Paintbrush $120 to pay negative student cafeteria accounts HESPA $1,560 to Hubbard Elementary for fall field trips 4. Authorized the treasurer to expend $29,892.49 from Unclaimed Funds (022) to the receipt of the General Fund (001) in accordance with ORC Section 9.39.
5. Resolution #19-10 – Auditor of State Local Government Services, GAAP Conversion Approved an amendment to the engagement letter originally approved March 26, 2018 (Resolution #18-10), authorizing the use of the Local Government Services section of the Auditor of State to compile the basic financial statements for the Hubbard Exempted Village School District for the fiscal years ending June 30, 2018, 2019, 2020 with the addition of 2021.
6. Approved the following revised Student Activity Budget: Mock Trial $1,229.41
7. Approved the TCESC 2018-2019 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the 2018-2019 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted and updated, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
9. Approved the certified substitute teacher rate at $90.00 per day, effective December 1, 2018.
10. Approved the following be paid for working Fall Sports:
Richard Shepherd Chain Crew 270.00 Brian Adamson Chain Crew 270.00 James Wynn Chain Crew 270.00 Andy Zenko Chain Crew 270.00 Christopher Balla Chain Crew 150.00 Richard Warburton Chain Crew 300.00 Todd Coonce Chain Crew 210.00 Tom Dobos Chain Crew 60.00 Ken Miller Scoreboard 1,400.00 Jim Miller Timer 270.00 Fred Shaffer Spotter 120.00 Jeff Wright Stats 400.00
Alexis Chemlik Parking 225.00 Robin Roose Parking 225.00 Debbie Madeline Parking 225.00 Brian Luther Announcer 300.00 Dan Jones Filming 650.00
11. Approved the following coaches for the 2018 2019 season: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Wrestling Devin Lewis Volunteer
Softball Kristin Robinson Varsity Asst. Annie Zagorec J.V. Emma Wukelich Volunteer
12. Non-renewed the following coaches at the end of the 2018-2019 season:
Volleyball Bob Calvin Valerie Jeffery Rebecca Calvin Emily Malmisur Maleah Schiavone
Boys Soccer Cory Reinard Andrew James
Girls Soccer Josh MacMillan Harry Reinard
Boys Golf Dave Cooper
Girls Golf Abby Cook
Cross Country Beverly Anderson James Phibbs
Football Jon Mosora Sean Borawiec John W. Schiraldi Dennis Parise Sam Bellino Tim Taafe Tim Schiraldi Marcus Coonce Trent Stubrich Nakia Hendrix Mike Tobey Tim Schiraldi Equipment Manager
13. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Aaron Wirtz, Lifeguard Supervisor, effective October 19, 2018.
14. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Melissa DeMattio as Dryland Coach, effective October 22, 2018. 15. Approved Patrick Goclano, Dryland Coach @ $15.00/hr. “as needed”, effective October 22, 2018.
16. Approved the following Transportation Department contract modifications, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement:
Amy Hurl From 3.75 hrs. Step 4 To: 4.0 hrs. Step 4 Effective 10/15/18 Shawna Achten From 3.75 hrs. Step 2 To: 4.0 hrs. Step 2 Effective 11/5/18 Dennis Fagundes From 2.5 hrs. Step 1 To: 3.75 hrs. Step 1 Effective 11/5/18 Thomas Shaffer From 3.75 hrs. Step 3 To: 4.0 hrs. Step 3 Effective 11/5/18
17. Approved Michele Maiorano as a Home Instruction Tutor for HES grade 3 student, as per posting dated 11/8/2018, as per the HEA negotiated agreement.
18. Approved Anna Morris as a Home Instruction Tutor for HES grade 3 student, 10/18/18-10/25/18, 6.0 hrs., as per HEA negotiated agreement.
19. Approved the following Volunteer Link Crew Advisors per the posting dated October 26, 2018:
Laura McCleery Andrea Stamp
20. Approved a contract modification for Toni Haidaris, from MA Step 20 to MA+30 Step 20, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
21. Approved a contract between HEVSD and Thompson Enterprises, Inc., dba Youth Intensive Services effective July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019, as submitted.
22. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Patty Fink, Bus driver, effective November 12, 2018.
23. Adjusted Item X.H. on the October 15, 2018 agenda, the dates only, to read Winter (December 2018-February 2019) and Spring (March 2019-May 2019).
24. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Thomas Shaffer, Bus driver, effective December 3, 2018.
Raymond W. Soloman Superintendent