HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
November 21, 2022
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of October 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approve the following board meeting minutes:
October 17, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. To accept, with gratitude, the following donations:
HEPA $384 to ES Principal Fund/Kindergarten Playground
Jennifer Gasser $250 to the HS Art Department
Martinez Family $40 to the Robotics Club
Toni Haidaris $20 to the Robotics Club
TrueNorth Energy $513.51 to the HEVSD from the
“Giving Pump” Initiative
4. Approved the 2022-2023 Five-Year Projection of Revenues, Expenditures and Assumptions in
accordance with Rule 3301-92-04 under Chapter 119 of ORC Section 5705.391, in the format as
prescribed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Auditor of State, as submitted.
5. Approved the establishment of the following District Managed Activity:
Dance Line Fund 300 SCC 9939
6. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
7. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the following substitutes for the 2022-2023 school year.
Debbie Frazzini - effective date November 8, 2022
Dana Vestal - effective date November 8, 2022
Substitute Food Service
Dana Vestal – effective date October 13, 2022
Susan Rosile – effective date October 21, 2022
9. Approved the second reading for re-adoption of the following board policy revisions:
po2413 Career Advising
po2430 District – Sponsored Clubs and Activities
po2431 Interscholastic Athletics
po3120.08 Employment of Personnel for Co-Curricular / Extra - Curricular Activities
po5111 Eligibility of Resident / Nonresident Students
po5335 Care of Students with Chronic Health Conditions
po5336 Care of Students with Diabetes
po6550 Travel Payment & Reimbursement
po6700 Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
po7440 Facility Security
po8210 School Calendar
po8320 Personnel Files
po8330 Student Records
10. Approved the Hubbard High School Academic Coursebook for the 2023-2024 school year, as
11. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Dale Alfredo, HES Paraprofessional, for the purpose of
retirement, effective June 1, 2023.
12. Approved requested FMLA for Michael Kacir, HHS Math Teacher, as per HEA negotiated
13. Approved requested FMLA for Danielle Leigh, HMS Intervention Specialist, as per HEA negotiated
14. Approved the following contract modification for bus driver, effective October 31, 2022, as per
OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Wendy O’Rourke 3.75 hours to 4.0 hours
15. Approved the following contract modification for bus driver, effective August 24, 2022, as per
OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Carol Swartz 2.5 hours to 4.0 hours
16. Approved the following HHS Homework Help Teacher, for the 2022-2023 school year:
Lisa Cricks – Math
17. Approved Debbie Ridel, for HHS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 10, five hours per week, as per the
posting dated October 26, 2022.
18. Approved Luke Stuckey, for HHS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 12, four hours per week, as per
the posting dated October 27, 2022.
19. Approved Diana Barnett, for HMS Home Instruction Tutor Short term position, Grade 6, five hours
per week, as per the posting dated October 17, 2022.
20. Approved Heather White, for HMS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 6, five hours per week, as per
the posting dated October 19, 2022.
21. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Wrestling High School and Middle School
Jamie Rush - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Steve Allen - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Matt Chavez - HS and MS Wrestling Volunteer
Bowling Boys and Girls
Corinne Jacobs - Boys and Girls Bowling
Youth Basketball Volunteers
Robert Ruby - Sixth Grade Girls Basketball Assistant Volunteer
Bill Kohut – Third Grade Girls Basketball Volunteer
John W. Schiraldi - Fifth Grade Boys Basketball Assistant Volunteer
22. Approved to non-renew the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season:
Cory Reinard - Head Coach
Kaled Kassem - ½ J.V. Coach
Nader Kassem - ½ J.V Coach
Perry Phiel - Volunteer Coach
Miles Williams - Volunteer Coach
Harry Reinard – Volunteer Coach
Josh MacMillan - Head Coach
Harry Reinard -J.V. Coach
David Cooper - Head Coach
Donald Fusselman - Volunteer Coach
Chris Trobek - Head Coach
Michael Kacir – Head Boys Cross Country (7-12)
Michael Kacir – Head Girls Cross Country (7-12)
Gregory Powell – Head Varsity Volleyball Coach
Kimberly Budd - Assistant Volleyball Coach
Anne Zagorec - Ninth Grade Volleyball Coach
Marsha Tetrick – Seventh Grade Girls Volleyball
Paige Reed - Eighth Grade Volleyball
Tim Schiraldi-Varsity Football Full Contract & Equipment Manager
James Chaney - Varsity Assistant Football
John Schiraldi - Varsity Assistant Football
Dennis Parise - Varsity Assistant Football
Ron Fox – Full Varsity Assistant Football Contract
Brandan Rivers – Full Varsity Assistant Football Contract
Rick Bowser - Volunteer HS Football
Cam Resatar - Volunteer HS Football
Jim Hazimihalis - Freshman Football
Jeff Songer - Volunteer Freshman Football
George Taylor - Freshman Football
Frank O'Brien - Seventh and Eighth Grade Football
Andrew Cimmento - Seventh and Eighth Grade Football
Hunter Meyer – Seventh / Eighth Grade Football Coach
Wesley Best - HMS Volunteer Football Coach
23. Approved payment for the following Fall Sports Workers:
Brian Adamson – Varsity Football Chain Crew ($180.00)
Keegan Balla - HS and MS Sports Scoreboard ($760.00)
Alexis Chmelik - Parking HS Football ($325.00)
Todd Chuey - Scoreboard HS Boys and Girls Soccer ($760.00)
Brian Luther - Announcer ($350.00)
Jim Miller - Varsity Football Scoreboard ($180.00)
Kenny Miller - Varsity Football Scoreboard and HS and
MS Volleyball Scoreboard ($1,130.00)
Robin Roose - Parking HS Football ($325.00)
Debbie Madeline - Parking HS Football ($325.00)
Fred Shaffer - Varsity Football Announcer Spotter and Football Scoreboard ($460.00)
Brian Wright - Varsity Football Chain Crew ($180.00)
Chris Balla - Varsity Football Play Clock Operator ($210.00)
James Wynne - Varsity Football Chain Crew ($330.00)
Andy Zenko - Varsity Football Chain Crew ($180.00)
Marty Kanetsky - Football Chain Crew Assignor ($130.00)
Jeff Wright - Varsity Football Stats ($400.00)
Hunter Meyer - Varsity Football Camera ($400.00)
Ken Merrell - Football Chain Crew ($240.00)
Todd Coonce - Football Chain Crew ($300.00)
Bob Ellcessor - Football Chain Crew ($150.00)
Brian Appel - OHSAA Playoff Game Athletic Trainer (OHSAA Boys and Girls Soccer Playoff
Game Head Athletic Trainer) (225.00)
Kevin Hogue - OHSAA Playoff Game Manager and Media Coordinator (1 OHSAA District
Final Soccer Match) ($100.00)
24. Approved to increase the rate of pay for Athletic Ticket Takers to the current minimum wage,
effective January 1, 2023.
25. Approved a 1 year, 260-day limited contract (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2022-2023
school year) for Harry Reinard, III as the District Wide Custodian, Step 0, effective November 21,
2022, per posting dated October 10, 2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
26. Approved Joshua Foster, Maintenance temporary casual employee midnight turn for winter months,
$17.75 per hour, effective November 21, 2022.
27. Approved John Dunch, Technology Support, on an “as needed” basis, $15.00 per hour, effective
November 14, 2022, to be paid with ARP ESSER funds.
28. Approved Nathaniel Solak, HHS Substitute Math Teacher as needed, at the BA step 0 daily rate,
effective January 1, 2023 for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year, with employment
conditioned upon successful completion of pre-employment requirements, deemed to be of good
moral character pursuant to HB 583, as per HEA agreement.
29. Approved Karen Wright, HHS Math Substitute Teacher as needed, at the BA Step 0 daily rate,
effective November 2, 2022, for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA
30. Approved Karen Wright, HHS Math Support as needed, $30.00 per hour, effective November 2,
2022, for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA agreement.
31. Approved Amy Fedele Russo, HES Long Term Teacher Substitute for Kindergarten, effective
November 14, 2022, as per posting dated October 18, 2022, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
32. Approved Lisa Wilson, HES Long Term Teacher Substitute for Title I Reading, effective November
21, 2022, as per posting dated October 10, 2022, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
33. Approved a correction to the September 26, 2022 board minutes, IX. Item Z. Name only to be
corrected from Jordan Nadjusak to Jordan Najdusak.
34. Approved a correction to the October 17, 2022 board minutes IX. Item O. Name only to be
corrected from Jonelle Wilson to Jonette Wilson.
Raymond W. Soloman