HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
October 17, 2022
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of September 2022.
Cash Summary, Spending Plan, Disbursement Summary,
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
September 26, 2022 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
To the Hubbard Pool:
Hubbard Pool Board $3,811.74 (New Steps)
Helen “Bonnie” Harrison $1,787.26 (New Steps)
Churchill United Methodist Church $400.00
JM Verostko, Inc. $400.00
Stewart Furniture $300.00
Loving Pet Memorial, LLC $300.00
To the HMS Lego/Robotics:
Randy Schultz $50.00
Toni Haidaris $20.00
Mr. & Mrs. Tressa $20.00
4. Approved the TCESC 2022-2023 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and
5. Approved the 2022-2023 HEVSD Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
6. Approved the School Resource Officer Memorandum of Understanding/Agreement between the
Hubbard Exempted Village School District and the City of Hubbard for a term beginning July 1,
2022 through June 30, 2024, as submitted.
7. Approved the first reading for re-adoption of the following board policy revisions, to have a second
reading and adoption at the November 2022 Board of Education Meeting.
po2413 Career Advising
po2430 District – Sponsored Clubs and Activities
po2431 Interscholastic Athletics
po3120.08 Employment of Personnel for Co-Curricular / Extra– Curricular Activities
po5111 Eligibility of Resident / Nonresident Students
po5335 Care of Students with Chronic Health Conditions
po5336 Care of Students with Diabetes
po6550 Travel Payment & Reimbursement
po6700 Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
po7440 Facility Security
po8210 School Calendar
po8320 Personnel Files
po8330 Student Records
8. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Roberta Cornell, Bus Aide, effective October 17, 2022.
9. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Grace Thayer, K-6 Nurse, effective September 30, 2022.
10. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Richard Wagner, Custodian, effective October 14, 2022.
11. Approved a contract with Progressive ABA Therapy Group, for Behavioral Services (BCBA) in the
school setting, effective for the 2022-2023 school year, payable from ARP-IDEA.
12. Approved, Debbie Ridel, HHS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 12, five hours per week, as per the
posting dated October 5, 2022.
13. Approved the following for HMS Home Instruction Tutor, Grade 7, five hours per week, as per the
posting dated October 10, 2022.
14. Approved the following teachers for Indoor/Outdoor Bus Duty daily from 3:15 pm to 3:30 pm, paid
at the teacher hourly rate, effective October 3, 2022, for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school
year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
15. Approved the following teachers for Indoor/Outdoor Bus Duty Daily Substitute “As Needed” from
3:15 pm to 3:30 pm, paid at the teacher hourly rate, effective October 3, 2022, for the remainder
of the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
Mary Ann Smiley
16. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of the following coach, effective for the 2022-2023 school
Chris Balla – Middle School Head Wrestling Coach
17. Approved the following coaches for the 2022-2023 Athletic Season, as per HEA negotiated
agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
2022-2023 Youth Basketball Coaches
Deanna Slifka- 3rd Grade Volunteer
Amie DeLuca-4th Grade Volunteer
Kacie Mosora-4th Grade Volunteer
Melissa Caesar-5th Grade Volunteer
Anthony Alexander-5th Grade Volunteer
Tiffany Mediate-6th Grade Volunteer
Jerad Jordan-3rd Grade Volunteer
Shari Dobos-3rd Grade Volunteer
Anna Martin- 3rd Grade Volunteer
Brian Zuzik-4th Grade Volunteer
Dan Jones-4th Grade Volunteer
Gabe Wildman-5th Grade Volunteer
David Ward-6th Grade Volunteer
Adam Reagle- 6th Grade Volunteer
18. Hired Susan Paris and Jonelle Wilson to serve as Administrative Substitutes and Consultants for the
Food Service Department, effective October 4, 2022 through June 30, 2023, at a rate of $37.50
19. Approved Diane McAllen to serve as Head Cook on Special Assignment, for the Food Service
Department, effective October 4, 2022 through June 30, 2023, to be paid an annual stipend of
20. Approved Erika Kopanic to assist with healthcare “as needed”, at $100.00 per day, effective
September 30, 2022, for the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
21. Approved, Delisa Rosine, K-6 long term substitute nurse, BA step 0, effective October 10, 2022,
for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
22. Approved a 1 year, 189 days limited, contract (pro-rated for the remainder of the 2022-2023
school year) for Andrew Coggins, Bus Driver, 4 hours per day, Step 0, effective Monday, October
17, 2022 as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
23. Approved, the following Transportation contract modification for bus driver, effective October 17,
2022, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
Robin Roose 5.25 hours to 5.75 hours
Raymond W. Soloman