Pupil Management & Safety Instruction
(1) Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
(2) Pupils must wait in a location clear of traffic and away from the bus stops.
(3) Behavior at the school bus stop must not threaten life, limb or property of any individual.
(4) Pupils must go directly to an available or assigned seat so the bus may safely resume motion.
(5) Pupils must remain seated keeping aisles and exits clear.
(6) Pupils must observe classroom conduct and obey the driver promptly and respectfully.
(7) Pupils must not use profane language.
(8) Pupils must refrain from eating and drinking on the bus except as required for medical reasons.
(9) Pupils must not use tobacco on the bus.
(10) Pupils must not have alcohol or drugs in their possession on the bus except for prescription medication required for a student.
(11) Pupils must not throw or pass objects on, from or into the bus.
(12) Pupils may carry on the bus only objects that can be held in their laps (see paragraph (J) of Rule 3301-83-20 of the Administrative Code).
(13) Pupils must leave or board the bus at locations to which they have been assigned unless they have parental and administrative authorization to do otherwise.
(14) Pupils must not put head or arms out of the bus windows.
(15) Guidelines will be formulated for the use and storage of equipment and other means of assistance required by preschool and special needs children.
(16) Drivers and bus aides must have access to appropriate information about the child to the degree that such information might affect safe transportation and medical well-being. This information must be readily accessible in the transportation office. All such information is strictly confidential.