HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
2017-2018 Lunch Account Information
- Students are assigned an individual lunch account based on their student ID number.
- Accounts are confidential which allows for privacy for free and reduced lunch priced recipients.
- Lunch prices for the Middle and High School are $2.60 and $2.30 for the Elementary School. Extra Milk is $.50. Breakfast price is $1.50 at all schools. Prices are subject to change at any time.
- Pre-payment may be sent in the form of cash or check made payable to Hubbard Food Service. Students can also bring money directly to the cashiers during lunch. Funds on your child’s account may be used for lunches as well as milk and extra food items unless restricted by the parent.
- Please utilize the mySchoolBucks.com website to view account balances, set up low balance texts or email reminders, make a payment and view account purchase activity. Students can also receive account balances from any cashier. Just follow the link below to sign up. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to know how much money is in their child’s account.
The link is also available on the school webpage www.hubbard.k12.oh.us
- Starting on September 5th, 2017 all student charge limits will be set to $0.00. This means if students do not have money in their lunch accounts cashiers will not be able to “charge” a lunch to the student like in the past.
- If necessary the Food service Director can allow a student to charge a regular Type-A meal. This will place the parent/guardian on an all-call list to remind them that their student needs money for lunch. After two Type-A lunches are charged the student will be placed on an alternative lunch of a sandwich and drink to be charged to the students account.
- If you wish to restrict your child’s meal plan account, simply complete the Lunch Restriction Form and return it to your child’s Home Room teacher, cafeteria staff member or mail to the address on the back.
- ALL balances positive and negative will be carried over to the following school year.
- Students who qualify for free or reduced lunch at the end of the school year will be given a temporary free or reduced lunch status until your new application has been approved. Parents must apply every year and will receive an approval or denial letter no later than Sept. 30th. If you do not receive a letter please contact me ASAP to fill out another Free & Reduced Lunch Application.
- Lunch and Breakfast menus can be found on the school webpage and are subject to change based on availability or school closings.
- All Lunch and Breakfast meals are compliant with the new USDA nutrition guidelines.
NEWS FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT – AUGUST 11, 2017
Dear Students and Parents:
Welcome back to a new exciting school year.
Please review the information below that we feel will be helpful to you as the opening of the 2017-2018 school year approaches.
First day of Classes Grades 1-12 Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Kindergarten Assessment Wednesday, August 23 through Tuesday, August 29
Kindergarten Orientation Wednesday, August 30 @ 9:00AM
Kindergarten Classes Begin Thursday, August 31, 2017
Open House Schedule: Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Hubbard Elementary School 2:00PM-4:00PM
Hubbard Middle School 2:30PM-4:30PM
Hubbard High School 3:00PM-5:00PM
Staff In-service Monday, August 21
Tuesday, August 22 Half day and Open House as Scheduled
Athletic Schedules and events schedule can be checked on the Hubbard webpage, and/or picked up at the school buildings and Board Office.
Raymond W. Soloman
First Day of School 2017-2018
Classes begin Wednesday, August 23, 2017.
August 30th: Kindergarten Orientation 9:00 a.m.
August 31st: First official day of Kindergarten
For more information please see the Community Calendar.
SPORTS PHYSICAL FORMS
All sports physicals are done through the website called privit (look under Athletics Home). Parents - please fill out the forms online - print out the packet - then take to your physician. The old paper forms are no longer considered the standard of care by the OHSAA. The Athletic Department can no longer accept any old paper forms due to them no longer meeting the OHSAA requirements.
Hubbard, OH 44425
DATE: May 16, 2017
RE: Positions Posting
FROM: Raymond W. Soloman, Superintendent
TO: Hubbard Certified Employees & Other Interested Parties
The following position is available: Director of Curriculum & Instruction – 210 Day Contract
- Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration (superintendent, principal, administrative specialist) or appropriate related field.
- Appropriate ODE issued certificate/license.
- Evidence of Ohio Principal Evaluation System (OPES) and Ohio Teacher Evaluation System (OTES) credentialed evaluator status, or willingness to achieve it.
- Successful leadership experience at the district, building and/or classroom levels.
- Ability to function as a team member.
- Knowledge of ESEA/ESSA, data analysis, research-based instructional practices, focused planning, facilitation, coaching and consultation skills, implementation and monitoring of improvement efforts, culturally responsive practices, knowledge of state and federal education initiatives, and delivery of high quality professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding work records and references.
- Successful criminal background checks.
- Such alternative or additional qualifications as the Board and Superintendent may find appropriate or acceptable for the position.
RESPONSIBILITIES(include but not limited to):
- Provide leadership and vision in the ongoing planning, implementation, development, direction, review, and evaluation of the district’s curriculum and instructional services.
- Ensure that the district’s education objectives are aligned to state frameworks and instructional practices that yield the highest standards of student achievement and instructional excellence.
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to district staff members.
- Communicate and clarify changes in state and federal initiatives for district personnel.
- Assume the role of Director of Federal Programs and oversee all federal initiatives and budgets.
- Provide leadership in district assessment programs and assume the role of District Testing Coordinator.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Until Filled
TO APPLY: Candidates may send resume and letter of interest to:
Raymond W. Soloman, Superintendent
Hubbard Exempted Village School District
108 Orchard Ave.
Hubbard, OH 44425
Hubbard Exempted Village School District is an equal opportunity employer.
We Love Hubbard!