HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of September 2020.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
September 21st, 2020 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Hubbard Band Sponsors $6,186 to the HHS Marching Band – new drumline
Nordson Corp. $500 toward the purchase of document cameras
Kilar, Inc $3,000 to the Hubbard Community Pool/Kraken - new diving blocks
JM Verostko, Inc. $100 to the Hubbard Community Pool/Kraken - new diving blocks
J. Panozzo $100 to the Hubbard Community Pool/Kraken - new diving blocks
Anonymous $50 to the Hubbard Community Pool
Anonymous $30 to the Hubbard Community Pool
4. Approved the following 2020/2021 Student Activity Budget:
Class of 2020 (final) $2,769.36
5. Approved the following:
ADVANCE: (to be repaid at the end of FY21)
From GF (001) to Food Service (006) $100,000.00
6. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the HEVSD 2020-2021 Classified Substitute List, as updated and submitted.
8. Appointed the following delegate and alternate to the 2020 OSBA Annual Business Meeting:
Delegate: Rocky Adams
Alternate: Donald Newell
9. Approved the following coaches for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement: All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Rod Greenamyer – Head Girls
Don Gosney – Head Boys
John W. Schiraldi – Head Varsity
John R. Schiraldi – Varsity Asst.
Tim Schiraldi - JV
Joe Zagorec – Head
Anne Zagorec – Varsity Asst.
Emma Wukelich – Varsity Asst.
Steve Allan – Volunteer
10. Designated 10 Pin Alley in Hermitage, PA as HEVSD home bowling alley and for practices.
11. Approved the K-12 Prevention Education Initiative agreement between the HEVSD and the Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, for the grant allocation of $21,504.18 for fiscal year 2021.
12. Approved Amy Martin, “90 day” Test Prep/Reading Intervention Tutor beginning October 1, 2020, as per posting dated September 22, 2020.
13. Approved Rhonda Banjak-Horvath, Crossing Guard, 2.5 hrs. per day, 5 days per week, Step 0, effective October 27, 2020.
14. Approved the adoption of Organic Chemistry: A Short Course 11th Edition.
15. Adjusted the 2020-2021 school calendar for students and teachers as follows:
Monday, November 23, 2020 and Tuesday, November 24, 2020 will be 2-hour early release days, the student day ends at 12:22 for MS/HS and at 1:05 for ES. The remainder of the teacher day will be used as teacher in-service/work time.
16. Approved the following teachers to implement the Remote Learning Virtual Help Sessions (afterschool), effective October 12,2020, to be paid with ESSER funds.
17. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Trent Stubrich, HMS Guidance Counselor, for the purpose of retirement, effective at the end of the 2020-2021 school year.
Raymond W. Soloman