BOARD SUMMARY February 22, 2021 HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of January 2021.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
January 5th, 2021 Organizational Meeting
January 12th, 2021 Organizational Meeting
January 25th, 2021 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Hubbard Baseball Boosters $675 to Athletics to pay for the rental of Eastwood Field for a baseball game on April 10, 2021
Straightline Interiors, LLC $1,500 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
The Andrew Yoder Family $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Lee Ann Tishman $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Dan & Lauren McFarland $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
The O’Hara Family $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Ujek, Christine, & Fry Families $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Julianne Carsone & John Bolek $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Anthony & Patricia Carsone $100 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Elizabeth Smith $75 to Kraken Swimming/new diving blocks
Marcy Angelo $48.65 to Food Service student lunch accounts
4. Approved Resolution # 21-14: Authorizing the Ohio Schools Council to advertise and receive bids on behalf of the HEVSD Board as per the specifications submitted for the cooperative purchase of one 72 passenger conventional school bus chassis and body.
5. Approved the purchase of a 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck with Plow from Greenwood Hubbard Chevrolet at a cost of $41,244.00.
6. Approved the TCESC 2020-2021 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
7. Approved the 2020-2021 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved Tim Taafe, HMS Home Instruction Tutor, as per posting dated January 29, 2021.
9. Rescinded the Basketball Grades 5/6 coaching contract of Matt Murphy, for the 2020-2021 school year, due to being unable to fulfill the contract due to COVID restrictions.
10. Approved the Eastern Gateway Community College (EGCC) MOU for College Credit Plus for the 2021-2022 school year, as submitted.
11. Approved the following teacher(s) to implement the Remote Learning Virtual Help Sessions (afterschool), for the 2020-2021 school year, to be paid with ESSER funds.
12. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Angela Walsh, HHS teacher, for the purpose of retirement, at the end of the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
13. Approved a one year limited contract for Wendy O’Rourke, bus driver, 2.5 hrs. Step 0, effective February 22, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
14. Approved a contract modification for Nicole Durrett, bus driver, from 2.5 hrs. Step 0 to 4.0 hrs. Step 0, effective February 22, 2021, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
15. Approved Cameren Kincaid, Lifeguard, @$9.55/hr., beginning date 1/27/2021.
16. Approved the following coaches for the 2020-2021 season, as per HEA negotiated agreement. All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
Ben Lane-MS Track Boys and Girls
Dominique Cupp – MS Track
Ross Stoffer- HS Girls Track (Giving up 1 Percent of His contract)
James Phibbs- HS Boys Track (Giving up 1 Percent of His Contract)
Jaevon Hardy- HS Track Will get one percent from Stoffer and Phibbs for 2% Total)
James Chaney-Throwing Coach HS
Brian Hoffman (Winter and Spring)
17. Approved a revision to the shared services contract between the Hubbard EVSD and the Trumbull County Educational Service Center for Fiscal Year 2020-2021, as submitted.
Raymond W. Soloman