MAY 21, 2019
HUBBARD EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Approved the financial reports for the month of April 2019.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
April 15, 2019 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Hubbard Gridiron Club
$16,500 to the Technology Department/Chromebook Carts
$5,000 to the Link Crew Program
$6,000 for safety/security improvements
Vallourec Star $2,500 to the Robotics Team
HESPA $2,000 to the Elementary School Principal’s Fund
Artsonia $744 to the Elementary Art Program
Giant Eagle Apples for Students $263 to the Elementary School Principal’s Fund Mrs. Susan Aber $50 for student lunches
4. Approved the revised 2018-2019 Five Year Projection of Revenues, Expenditures, and Assumptions in accordance with Rules 3301-92-04 under Chapter 119 of ORC Section 5705.391, in the format as prescribed by the Ohio Department of Education and the Auditor of State, as submitted.
5. Approved the Hubbard Public Library’s proposed General Fund Budget for fiscal year 2020, pursuant to ORC section(s) 5705.28-5705.30.
6. Approved the removal of the following from inventory:
1992 International Bus Tag #03256 to be sold for scrap
1998 International Bus Tag #03252 to be sold for scrap
Sentry Safe Tag #002876 to be scrapped\
7. Approved the following revised 2018/2019 student activity budget:
Class of 2021 (Revised) $1,344.00
8. Approved the TCESC 2018-2019 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
9. Approved the 2018-2019 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as submitted and updated, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
10. Approved payment to the following spring workers:
Dennis Parise Baseball Scoreboard $360.00
Abbey Hetmanski Softball Scoreboard $240.00
Karen Cassano $105.00
Paul Cassano $105.00
Brian Vaupel $105.00
Dorothy Arvin $105.00
Josh MacMillan $35.00
Nelson Marshall $35.00
Jackie DelMonte $35.00
Jared Southern $70.00
11. Approved the following coaches for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
All coaches are subject to all required certifications.
J.V. Mark Thomas
Eighth Grade Ryan Caesar
Seventh Grade Ashley Carter
Fifth/Sixth Matt Murphy
Volunteer Asst.: John Chovan
Volunteer Asst.: Tiffany Mediate
Freshman Rachelle Calvin
8th Grade Chelsea Korda
7th Grade Emily Malmisur
12. Non-renewed Scott Killian, Ticket Manager, at the end of the 2018-2019 school year.
13. Approved payment to the following mentors for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Nick McGinnis $1,750.00
Maria Bayuk $600.00
Geneen Morrison $600.00
Laura McCleery $850.00
Dan Scarmack $1,000.00
Kelli Komlanc $1,000.00
14. Approved payment to the following HPDC members for the 2018-2019 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Jenn Smith $1,000.00
Tracy Greenamyer $1,000.00
Heather White $1,000.00
Kelli Komlanc $1,000.00
Andrea Stamp $1,000.00
Laura McCleery (Chairperson) $1,500.00
15. Approved the following HPDC members for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Laura McCleery (Chairperson)
16. Approved the following HPDC meeting dates for the 2019-2020 school year:
August 26, 2019
September 30, 2019
October 28, 2019
November 25, 2019
December- no meeting
January 27, 2020
February 24, 2020
March 30, 2020
April 27, 2020
May 18, 2020
17. Approved the following summer help “as needed” effective May 28, 2019, Step 2 of the Cleaner salary, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement: Kim Sandy
18. Approved Michaela Ellis, Lifeguard, Hubbard Community Pool, $9.40/hr., effective May 1, 2019.
19. Approved the following personnel for the Hubbard Community Pool, for the 2019-2020 school year: Craig Yaniglos
20. Approved a Distance Education Agreement between ECOESC and HEVSD, regarding American Sign Language, for the 2019-2020 school year, as submitted.
21. Approved Rachel Tricomi, HHS Art teacher, BA, Step 0, 3 periods per day, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
22, Approved Eric Rupe, HHS Science teacher, BA+15, Step 3, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
23. Approved Courtney Lauderman, HHS Guidance Counselor, MA+30, Step 5, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
24. Approved Julia Finocchi, HHS long term substitute Sign Language teacher, 2 periods per day, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
25. Approved Rebecca Buchenic, HMS Math teacher, MA, Step 5, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
26. Approved Alissa Eckard, HES office secretary, Step 0, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
27. Approved Lindsey Stanford, HES Grade 3 teacher, BA, Step 0, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement.
28. Approved the following HMS Advisors, for the 2019-2020 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Math Competition: Linda Congemi and Amy Shelby (Co-Advisors)
Academic Teams (Prep Bowl): Mary Ann Smiley
Student Council: Kelli Komlanc
Yearbook Advisor: Frank O'Brien and Tracy Hoover (Co-Advisors)
English Festival (7-9) Brian Luther
Lego Robotics: Linda Congemi and Diane Glodek (Co-Advisors)
29. Approved an agreement between Ross Stoffer and David Reel, regarding HHS History Day Advisor, as submitted.
30. Approved a doctor release for Shawna Achten to return to work, effective April 5 2019, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
31. Approved an unpaid LOA for Sharon Peachock, bus driver, effective May 14, 2019 through the end of the 2018-2019 school year, as per OAPSE negotiated agreement.
32. Non-renewed the following club/activity advisors after the 2018-2019 school year.
Art Club – Josh MacMillan
Band – Dan Nestich
Band Assistant – Andrea Lewis
Marching Band Assistant – Scott Killian
Pep Band – Scott Killian
Jazz Band – Scott Killian
Percussion Advisor – Scott Killian
Majorette Advisor – Stacey Fabrizio
Flag Line Advisor – Sarah Nestich
Business Club – Jessie Jones-Canter
Chorus HS – Andrea Lewis
Senior Class Advisor – Andrea Stamp
Junior Class Advisor – Mary Ann Smiley
Sophomore Class Advisor – Carol Killian
Freshman Class Advisor – Lisa Shattuck
Head Speech – Chris Moriarty
Fall Play Director – Carol Killian
Ecology Club – Irene Pizanias
Future Teachers of America – Josh MacMillan
French Club – Kesha Szeljack
Spanish Club – Anna Badurik
Sign Language Club – Rich Magazzine
National Honor Society – Co-advisors – Irene Pizanias, Debbie Wack
Academic Teams HS – Chris Moriarty
S.A.D.D. – Mary Davis
Newspaper HS – Lisa Shattuck