Board Summary – April 27, 2020
A. BOARD OF EDUCATION RECOMMENDATIONS
Approved Resolution #20-15 To conduct board meetings via electronic technology during the period of emergency declared by Executive Order 2020-01D, as submitted.
1. Approved the financial reports for the months of February and March 2020.
Financial Summary, SM-2, Check Register, Bank Reconciliation
2. Approved the following board meeting minutes:
February 24th, 2020 Regular Meeting
3. Accepted, with gratitude, the following donations:
Anonymous $1,600.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Loren & Barbara Kindler $500.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Eugene & Loretta Swartz 5 x $100 ($500.00 total) to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Tiffany Bendersky $235.80 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Hubbard Education Association $200.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Hubbard OAPSE Local 0290 $200.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Nicole Sample $200.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
Gina Yaniglos $100.00 to the Hubbard School Lunch Program
4. Approved Resolution #20-16: Accepting the amount and rates as determined by the Budget Commission, authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying them to the county Auditor for Fiscal Year 2020-2021, as submitted.
5. Approved acceptance of the Ohio Department of Education’s School Bus Purchase Program award in the amount of $50,451.77, as per the School Bus Purchase Program Award Acceptance and Statement of Assurances, as submitted.
6. Approved Resolution # 20-17: Authorizing the Ohio Schools Council to advertise and receive bids on behalf of the HEVSD Board as per the specifications submitted for the cooperative purchase of one - 72 passenger conventional school bus chassis and body.
7. Approved the TCESC 2019-2020 Certified and Classified Substitute Lists, as updated and submitted.
8. Approved the 2019-2020 HEVSD Classified Sub List, as updated and submitted.
9. Accepted, with regret, the resignation of Patrick Goclano, Hubbard Community Pool Aquatic Coordinator, effective March 13, 2020.
10. Hired Adrienne Poullas to serve as Interim Aquatic Coordinator beginning on March 16, 2020, through June 30, 2020 at a rate of $164.86 per day.
11. Hired Patrick Goclano to serve as a consultant for purposes of an effective transition in the Hubbard Community Pool leadership, beginning on March 16, 2020, as needed, at a rate of $20.81 per hour, for up to but not to exceed 80 hours.
12. Approved an unpaid leave of absence for Amy Hurl, bus driver, beginning March 3, 2020 thru April 1, 2020. urlHurl
13. Approved Barb Toth, HHS Home Instruction Tutor, per posting dated February 28, 2020.
14. Approved payment to the following Winter Workers:
Dennis Parise- JV and Varsity Scoreboard Operator Boys and Girls Basketball= $960.00
Fred Shaffer- JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Scorekeeper=$1035.00
Shannon Slovesko- JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Scorekeeper=$1035.00
Giavanna Hosack- JV and Varsity Basketball Boys and Girls Stat Board and
9th Grade Basketball=$600.00
Brianna Jukes- 7th and 8th Grade Boys Basketball Scorekeeper=$465.00
Brian Luther- Announcer Boys and Girls Varsity Basketball Games=$1,000
Nadar Kassem- Basketball Scoreboard Operator and Girls Varsity Camera= $350.00
Joe Langley- Basketball Scoreboard Operator and Boys Varsity Stats=$440.00
Anthony Romo- Basketball Scoreboard Operator and Girls Varsity Stats=$395.00
Scott Killian- Game Manager (1 Game)=$75.00
Jack Slaina- Boys Varsity Basketball Film=$230.00
15. Approved Virginia B. Ottenberg to the Hubbard Public Library Board of Trustees with the term beginning May 1, 2020 and ending March 31, 2027.
16. Approved the following coaches for the 2019-2020
school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Zach Hanley- Volunteer
Jaevon Hardy- Volunteer
Brian Hoffman- Winter Weight Training
17. Approved the following coaches for the 2020-2021 school year, as per HEA negotiated agreement:
Ruthie Sandberg – Volunteer
David Stallard – 7th Grade
18. Approved Resolution #20-18: To authorize distance learning for days/hours school buildings are closed to students the 2019-2020 school year in compliance with the order(s) of the Ohio Director of Health, as submitted.
Raymond W. Soloman